Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

John-.-Stone

Jun 17, 2014
I'm starting up paintballing again and I'm on a tight budget at the moment any suggestions on goggles under £50 ?

kaihros

Jun 18, 2014
I'm all about the Dye i4s. They're light and feel so comfortable! The main problem with them is at that they are small so people with bigger heads will have their jaw exposed. Thermal lesnse is a must!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I'm all about the Dye i4s. They're light and feel so comfortable! The main problem with them is at that they are small so people with bigger heads will have their jaw exposed. Thermal lesnse is a must!
The jaw exposed? What about the massive soft fleshy neck and throat underneath it? Surely that's more in danger of damage?

Mr.Vanguard

Apr 26, 2014
South East
Ive seen plenty of normal sized people wearing i4's. Just cause they dont fit you, doesnt mean they are meant or designed for little people. Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with DYE i4 goggles.
yeah absolutely no doubt about it great mask I haven't got a large face but a very low jaw line, my jaw hangs out feels like crap when you get bunkered but not a bad mask by any means I've always liked and worn my profits that have pretty good protection overall exept for that badly designed dip in the mask, jumping from them to i4s not my cup of tea but hey everyone's got right to their own opinion :)

kaihros

Jun 18, 2014
The jaw exposed? What about the massive soft fleshy neck and throat underneath it? Surely that's more in danger of damage?
Neck is just as important, the only problem is most masks don't offer neck cover. The i4 may offer less but it's all about personal preference.

Reactions: Mr.Vanguard

Mr.Vanguard

Apr 26, 2014
South East
Neck is just as important, the only problem is most masks don't offer neck cover. The i4 may offer less but it's all about personal preference.
i kinda agree with bolter then agree with you there but due to the i4s coming down to a point gives you pretty good cover from the front but sides are just cut too high for my liking i see where your coming from but there's armour you can buy to protect your neck besides that i4s are a fairly good mask, like i said not my cup of tea, but people go mad over them and i can see why great lens, fairly good ventilation and very lightwight just wish they had made the sides a little longer but hey i5s might offer that if they're in development (no idea)
neck protector- http://www.ansgear.com/Dye_Paintball_Performance_Neck_Protector_Black_p/dyeperformanceneckprotector.htm

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
I'm starting up paintballing again and I'm on a tight budget at the moment any suggestions on goggles under £50 ?
I picked up some JT's Flex 8 from a shop for sub £50, spent same again on a pair of spare lenses.

I tried a few and prefer them, fit well, offer decent protection.

Aa for the Dye i4, they are turning up in shops for sub £100 but as with alot of comments on here, try before you buy.

Last edited:

Georgeydores

May 10, 2014
Coventry
I'd thoroughly reccomend Proto Switches for a cheap but brilliant option, really comfortable, easy to strip and clean, can get them for as little as £25 and thermmal lenses are inexpensive

Hayden B

May 19, 2014
At the moment I picked up a cheap pair of V-Force Vantage's, cost me £16 and have served me really well, very comfortable great breath-ability but the field of vision isn't too great unfortunately :(