Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Collective opinions on which mask and why

rand0m!

Jan 28, 2009
East London
If your head is on the larger size (Like mine! LOL) I can recommend the Empire E-Flex.
Dye I4's are so small on me that if I opened my mouth I could get my teeth shot out! :cautious:

A great combination of JT ProFlex's and E-Vents basically! Comfy, secure and I've never had any fogging, even in heavy rain.
They cost a little more than the Grills, but are well worth the investment.

http://shop.empirepaintball.com/product/544/empire-e-flex-goggle

Saffa_style

Mar 30, 2012
JT's straight up

I particularly enjoy their "rip your nails off your fingers" lens changing feature

king_p90

Band Of Badgers
Oct 25, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Currently running Sly Profits:

Pros: Really comfortable, good field of view, good protection, really easy lens change.

Cons: Blocks hearing and voice quite badly, worst bit is the fogging, I've done all sorts to try and fix it, next step fans!

Was given a pair of Proto Switch Axis Pro (donated to brother as I had the Profits ... mistake), don't appear to have any fogging problems, but not as comfortable and don't protect the head as well.

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
personally i prefer the look of the Dye I4 over the empire eflex / vents and v force grillz.
but going of what ppl have said about neck protection and also the size of this mask this kinda puts me off.

may see if i can pick one up from the classified ads cheap , try it and if it dosent fit well then i can always sell it on to a mate.

thanks to all who gave the advice it defiantly helped in nailing down which are the front runners...

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If you can, then see if you can try one on
Most paintballers are friendly guys and like to show their gear

(Might not be keen if you're sweaty at the time, but it's possible)

Regarding neck protection unless you have a small head and a large goggle then you're not getting much cover out of it
With the i4 it is the chin that's more likely to be exposed, and big heads like me are going to expose a bottom lip and perhaps teeth

But theres nothing like trying it on to see if it feels right and looking in a mirror or getting a photo to see the cover
Try for straight on and a side profile

When i4s first came out I tried them on and it was a definate no
Earlier this year I re-tried them and am less concerned with how much chin is exposed

Bertz

instagram above
Nov 26, 2014
coventry
thanks tommikka , for someone like me who i think maybe has/is a larger size head what would you advise or more suited to.
i mean if i get the chance to try the i4 on it does fit then all being good but always nice to have options

Revived

Dec 6, 2014
Dye i4 masks look beautiful and are great for smaller heads like me second choice would be a JT