Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Common Mistakes You See Made

sixmill

Jun 15, 2004
Visit site
I was just reading the following article in the classroom section:

Learn From Your Mistakes

and was curious as to what everyone sees as the most common mistake that other players make or you make on a regular basis.
Or maybe just post mistakes that you can most easily capitalize on when you play tournaments and high risk games.

I personally have issues with keeping my profile small when playing certain shaped bunkers (triangles with bases mostly).

Thanks for your input. :)

tubbie

Apr 3, 2002
Visit site
Most common mistake i see, is people when they are under heavy fire want desperatly to shoot back.

If your bunker is under fire, take it easy wait a sec, and pick the right time to take over, dont come out like a jackass and get shot in the goggles.

Tubbie

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
People that shoot out of the left hand side of the bunker with their gun in their right hand (or vica-versa)! When you do this you stick your hopper way out which gives the other team a bigger target to hit rather than if you came out tight with your gun in your left hand.

Alot of people don't shoot left handed for various reasons ie. they cant shoot fast enough or it feels weird holding the gun in your off hand. I used to be the same untill I found the cure... practice, practice, practice and guess what more practice! If you watch Leigh 'Digs' digard from Nexus when he is shooting left handed you'll see what practicing this can do for you, that dude absolutely MO'S shooting left handed although he is right handed, and guess what he used to be crap at it but then put the time in and now he's a left handed shooting pimp-ass mofo

Shooting properly left handed means your not hanging loose out your bunker and therefore increases your chances of not getting shot :)

Mak dad
:cool:

The One Mint

Half asleep
Oct 3, 2002
Cambridge
Not sure if this is common but it fits with learning from you mistakes.

going on a mugging run and running out of paint during it

P

Paintball Paladin

I can completely relate to the wanting to shoot back thing when under fire. It is difficult to judge when to come out and take control.

I'm just scared of being stuck behind a bunker and not knowing whats going on, then being mugged by some git running around my blind side.

guess sometimes you just cant win:rolleyes:

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Shooting right out of the left hand side, as Mak says it is a lazy technique- practice till you can do it then practice more, has helped my game for sure.

Best bit of advice i ever received was from robbo at a seminar, if you can get to one do it- you will come away a superior player!

A.B

Suitably learned

:D