Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Complete newbie to Paintball

Rod Smith

Aug 27, 2014
Hi guys, I've only been paintballing once before, I'm going on a Stag Do next year so I want to improve my game and also play more regularly,

I'm a complete newbie to Paintball, can someone recommend what basic kit I need to buy as a beginner?

Cheers,

Rod

shaunyo

Aug 20, 2014
Tamworth
Hi mate. I would definitely recommend a decent pair of boots as they're much more suitable and better for protection than a pair of trainers, also a decent mask with a thermal lens as these pretty much don't fog up compared to most rental masks :)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For the stag do just stick to basic punter style paintball, that's what you will get, and any special skills or tactics won't go far.
The critieria for a stag do is just to have a good laugh, and if you don't all know each other to 'bond'

For getting more regular with paintball check out the 'what paintball costs' thread, you most likely will want to try walkon paintball at a local site

But you can also go to events such as scenario or tournaments

Look around and sample as much kit as possible before buying

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Hi guys, I've only been paintballing once before, I'm going on a Stag Do next year so I want to improve my game and also play more regularly,

I'm a complete newbie to Paintball, can someone recommend what basic kit I need to buy as a beginner?

Cheers,

Rod
Hi Rod welcome (y)

If you were to purchase a decent set of goggles (maybe £50 or less) you will instantly have the advantage of sight over nearly everyone there!

For example http://www.store.justpaintball.co.uk/masks-goggles/jt/jt-spectra-flex-8-woodland-camo.html

clucas115

Aug 30, 2014
i would say new goggles as well. Many sites don't supply goggles with thermal lenses so purchasing ones that don't fog up is definitely worth it!

shaunyo

Aug 20, 2014
Tamworth
Definitely agree, there's nothing worse than having your goggles fog up. Proto Switch FS goggles cost around £40 and come with thermal lens, they do still occasionally fog on me but I've heard some people have no fogging whatsoever with them, either way they will be miles better than a rental mask.

K155Y

Sep 11, 2014
I also agree mask and good boots or astro turf trainers

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Astroturf trainers only on the speedball field. Useless and dangerous in the woods.