Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

compulsary ukpsf membership that makes us a sport

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
so guys would you accept compulsary membership if it got paintball recognised as a sport,
now what you have too think is this,it will effect the site you marshall at or play at as they will be able too get grants, too improve their facilities etc etc so is £15 worth it,too improve paintball in the uk forever

Gaz #68

Warped #68
May 14, 2010
Wolverhampton
Bough mine and paid for my son's. Having played in the 80's I remember when the sport was nearly banned and they helped save it. £15 is worth every penny, its £1.25 a month!

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
This needs to happen in my opinion, the benefits that paintball will get once recognised as a sport far outweigh the cost of membership. £15 a year is hardly expensive for someone that plays this sport.

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
this concern was raised by a mate the other day regarding university funding:

once its a sport memberships go from £30 to £90 minimum, and this doesnt include ukspf membership that would be on top. 2nd, your competing with cricket, football, rugby etc. you would end up with less members, therefore less funding!? true of my uni, maybe not of others!

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
What crumbla146 said. Our uni gets around £2500 to help out with all of the BUCS sports. Even so, costs for joining those clubs/soceities are sometimes near £100 just to cover the cost of team kit. We managed to get ours down to £8 for the year, and we still only got 16 members. (it was £58 last year and we got 2) Add a £15 onto any membership and it's gonna put a few people off.

That being said, I am all for it. For £15 it's awesome. Getting it recongised as a sport is just an added bonus.

Reactions: crumbla146

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
For the reasons that were discussed on Want paintball to be recognised as a sport i'm completely behind this. the cost of a UKPSF membership is completely fair, and even if it had to be raised due to the significant increase in workload from so many members it would still be entirely justifiable.
I understand the uni costs but at the same time, bare in mind that if you have paintball officially recognised as a sport, then you will have a huge increase in publicity as you'll see it getting more media attention, more funding to improve and open new sites. Overall more customers for the industry and manufacturers and increase in demand for products and paint which means a DECREASE IN COST in the long term for the end user.
What's the point in moaning about it not being taken seriously, nobody understanding tournament paintball, not being in the olympics if you aren't going to put your money where your mouth is?
Even while it's not compulsory, there's no reason not to get on board with UKPSF and at least take a step in the right direction!

crumbla146

Sep 17, 2012
farnham
no fair enough lads, i was only raising it as it had been an issue raised at training! We currently have a £30 membership, £5 insurance, and we get £20 back for jersey subsidy each year, so as it stands not a bad deal at all. Any money received by the governing body from government I agree would massively boost promotion of the sport, it was just that people may take out the membership and even if they didn't attend sessions, we still retain their money. This would mean it would be seen as more of a commitment..But anyway, in previous years we've brought home more trophies than any of the other sports put together, so i think paintball deserves recognition! (or so im told:) )