Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Concerning the UWL ........ and all who sail in her !!!

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm not! This is my opinion that I'm apparently aloud to have! I've asked questions, and responded to the insults robbo has put my way. Albeit sarcastically at some point due to the unfortunate academically described insults the website owner has ushered towards myself. I urge you to wise up dusty and stand behind the very thing you said!
You'll get a far better response if you drop the sarcasm you admit to then.

You're not banned but you are being an arse, I didn't say you weren't entitled to an opinion but you are being sarcastic by your own admission, therefore you're trolling.

Have you read all the facts? Do you know the whole story? You're questioning Pete for just being a website owner, are you questioning ALL the other people who've come out with bad dealings with barnett? Are you questioning Simon Cole, universally respected member of the paintball world but essentially just a salesman and I say that with the greatest respect.
What do you do for a living Andy? Should your character or integrity be judged by your job?

Andy Steele

P8ntball isn't a sport
Sep 2, 2005
manchester
I said I was sarcastic in my responses to the the 'insults' the owner has put my way! being sarcastic In sections of posts, that are designed to challenge what has been wrote is not the definition of trolling! Nor is having a difference of opinion!

I 100% doubt anyone will ever have the FACTS about any and everything that has or hasn't gone on in this whole scenario.

I have read quite a lot to be honest..... And as I said, I have no legience to anyone, because I just don't care enough to be loyal to a single person in this hobby we all play!
My initial post is in response to, what seems like, yet another thread/post that isn't designed to benefit yet another paintball format, but another personal attack, and essential a boycot of the uwl based on 1 person! Ive not based my judgement on the website owners character or integrity on his job. It's, at its core, been based on what I've been reading, Which instigated my initial post.

I've not questioned anyone else, because ive not seen them on this website writing negative threads and airing their dirty laundry!

I'm a line manager in retail, and My character and integrity is often based by others on my job, as is most people. I can spend hours telling you anything you want to know about me if you like!

Reactions: DBiggaFigga

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I said I was sarcastic in my responses to the the 'insults' the owner has put my way! being sarcastic In sections of posts, that are designed to challenge what has been wrote is not the definition of trolling! Nor is having a difference of opinion!

I 100% doubt anyone will ever have the FACTS about any and everything that has or hasn't gone on in this whole scenario.

I have read quite a lot to be honest..... And as I said, I have no legience to anyone, because I just don't care enough to be loyal to a single person in this hobby we all play!
My initial post is in response to, what seems like, yet another thread/post that isn't designed to benefit yet another paintball format, but another personal attack, and essential a boycot of the uwl based on 1 person! Ive not based my judgement on the website owners character or integrity on his job. It's, at its core, been based on what I've been reading, Which instigated my initial post.

I've not questioned anyone else, because ive not seen them on this website writing negative threads and airing their dirty laundry!

I'm a line manager in retail, and My character and integrity is often based by others on my job, as is most people. I can spend hours telling you anything you want to know about me if you like!
So if Robbo at the base level owns a website, you at the same level and applying the same logic, work in a shop.

As for the rest of your posts, yes, you have a difference of opinion and that's fine but don't poke the bear which is what you are knowingly doing. Bottom line, if you get yourself banned, this forum continues regardless. Same applies to me, or anyone for that matter.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
As an aside, read the original post carefully. Nobody is forcing anyone to leave the UWL, no one is suggesting you're a bad person or team for playing the UWL. All that's being SUGGESTED is that you re-evaluate your position given the revelations of late and if you feel so inclined to take action or make further enquiries, the information on how to do so is provided.

Robbo owns the site which is provided to you all free of charge, I think he's earned the right to post what he likes on there. Everyone knows he's passionate about UK paintball and you can all rest assured he'll never do anything to deliberately negatively impact your average Joe baller.

I'll leave you all with a couple of thoughts, cheesy as they may seem they illustrate the point I wish to make far better than I can express.

"Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing."

"The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, can not and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheep dog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed. The world cannot work any other way, at least not in a representative democracy or a republic such as ours.

Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep. He is a constant reminder that there are wolves in the land. They would prefer that he didn’t tell them where to go, or give them traffic tickets, or stand at the ready in our airports in camouflage fatigues holding an M-16. The sheep would much rather have the sheepdog cash in his fangs, spray paint himself white, and go, “Baa.”

Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog."

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Guys, this isn't going to descend into silliness I'm afraid. As much as we welcome self expression and all that, silly pics are for facebook. This forum is for people who use their brains.

don't test my patience on this either please, really, it's monday and I ain't in the mood.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Reffing in uwl is overall very poor. There are a few very good refs backed up by volunteers. This was the final reason I stopped playing uwl after leg 2, bad calls and bad communication between refs.

Had paint issues at leg one where the valken echo was not up to snuff, a grade which has since been dropped by valken due to inconsistent quality, fact. Luckily Simon Cole was still able to sell pure at that first leg and we were able to swap all our valken for pure. It was quite difficult to achieve this swap though.

This is written as an impartial paying customer and has no bearing on my opinion of the organiser.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've been following the recent TB saga on P8nt for weeks. I played UWL for a season in 2013 with GBH and really enjoyed the format. Was considering entering a few rounds in 2015. The problem for teams is the lack of series like this being organised. If we refuse to play UWL (run by Shoreline) on moral grounds, it leaves us with little options to compete at this level. If other companies set up comparable tournaments it would be easier for teams to vote with their feet.

We have a similar situation with Team Unlimited, who I'm also now playing for. We want to raise the teams profile to attract sponsors, and play supair at a high level to improve our skills. We've played several rounds at the Southern masters, and had no problems with the organisation. We were actually made to feel very welcome by the teams we competed against. I would like to add that Unlimited has no ties or sponsorship deals with Valken/Shoreline. I know there are other series run at Bricket wood, and in the CPPS midlands, but the team will struggle with the logiistics and cost of travelling to these events.

I really hope more organisers step up to run professional tournaments on woodsball and supair

The players really don't have much choice at present

Last edited:

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Ok so I have some questions here and id like to state now that in this matter i am completely 100% neutral and that my interest in this is based on my interest in the UWL itself. So we are all aware that Robbo holds a certain animosity towards Tim Barnett for reasons he has been somewhat vocal about in recent times. Now im a big believer in there not being smoke without fire and i also believe that Robbo wouldnt be foolish enough to publicly denounce a well known figure within paintball if it wasnt for very good reasons. The question I have here is what exactly has Tim done with the UWL? I ask not as a challenge to anyone but because, having wanted to participate in this event, i wanted to know exactly what it is I could face. And, if these allegations are made, what proof there is to verify it.

Cheers

Ollie