Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Concerning the UWL ........ and all who sail in her !!!

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I have kept out of this but have been monitoring it and have kept my views to myself.

The one thing that I really cant understand with all of this is that their seem to be so many teams now getting "Sponsorship" from sl and valken and the Preds being included in this. I would just love to find out what the package is and what you have to do to get it, seems like selling your soul !!

Would like to play the UWL but due to location dont think this is possible, but would not entertain it until sl are out of it.

Reactions: alexd

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I've seen the contract and to be honest, calling it sponsorship is a bit of a laugh. It's a bit of discount on paint, a bit of discount on gear from him, slight discount on entry fees and a lot of promotion of shoreline.

to be brutally honest, any team could phone ANY supplier along the top of our page and ask nicely for a bit of discount on bulk buying gear. I can guarantee ALL of the shops above will do their level best to sort you out.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
I have kept out of this but have been monitoring it and have kept my views to myself.

The one thing that I really cant understand with all of this is that their seem to be so many teams now getting "Sponsorship" from sl and valken and the Preds being included in this. I would just love to find out what the package is and what you have to do to get it, seems like selling your soul !!

Would like to play the UWL but due to location dont think this is possible, but would not entertain it until sl are out of it.
While staying out of this whole debate, I just wanted to play woods tournaments, I played two rounds of the UWL last year, and while it's not the normal capture the flag style I'm used to from yesteryear it's still in the woods and you shoot people and you win, I've never been a scenario player nor will I be, but apart from the 7 man woods tournies that twizz and the ECI guys have put on there just isn't anything.
As far as the preds being sponsored by shoreline, that's just not true, we were offered a package on paint and on paint only and that is from valken, I'm not going to say what the package is but anyone I know wants to pm me I will tell them, I won't say it on here as I don't know what the other teams are getting and don't want to start any bitching between teams.
If someone else ran the UWL then I'd play that.
Until there is another league or series of tournaments in the woods then we can't afford to be too picky if we want to play, someone else could organise a series, but they won't and you know why, player apathy, the amount of times I've seen someone say , "well I would play that but it's an hours drive or it's two hours drive" that's why the whole tourny scene has died, back in the day we would regularly travel 4 or 5 hours for a tournament hell we'd very often travel too the states or europe or frikkin anywhere to play a tournament, but now people just can't be bothered, I don't want to do big games as they are everything I hate about paintball, people just wanting to be weekend soldiers, that's all well and good if you're into that, I'm not. I do play the odd inflatable game and that's ok for some too, but I want to play where I began as well , which is in the woods.
I have neither the time or the inclination to organise a series I'll leave that to others who do that, but if there's nowhere else to play then you can't blame people who want competative paintball in the woods for playing the UWL, as there just isn't anything else.
I know Peter, I've known him longer than I've known my wife or my girlfriend and 3 times longer than I've known my son, I also know Barnett briefly and while I wouldn't want to get into any business dealings with him, I take people as I find them he seems like he has the potential to rub people up the wrong way he's always been respectful to me and any team I've been with.
In short I really don't care what shortcomings Barnet has, I just want to play paintball against other teams, I'm old school and some of the people mentioned from previous posts about dealings with organisers, I remember these people and most teams from yesteryear wouldn't have any business dealings with any of them, as they've all **** on someone at some point or another.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I like to steer away from the barnett thread being described as a 'debate', I think I like the thread to be thought of as a condemnation because that's exactly what it is.
I've seen many people [including myself] work upon the promise that if somebody hasn't done any wrong to me personally then they're ok to deal with .. this is what Simon Cole did - this is what Paul Banks did - this is what Mike Beby did - this is what Dave [Warfighters did] - this is what Lee Wickham did - this is what Ged Green did - this is what Pete Russell did - this is what Steve Baldwin did - this is what Gadget did - this is what Jim Frensham did - this is what Tim Taylor did - this is what Neal and Thomas @ BZ did - this is what John and Chris@Lips did - there's more but I think the point is becomming clearer, I hope.

Rearrange to suit:- Smoke - there's - without - no - fire