Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPPS rd 4 2011 thanks

RICH HARRIS

The legend limps on
Nov 18, 2002
Living on the edge, often bouncing on a ledge
Ok guys and girls after a chaotic weekend ive had chance to gather my thoughts and reflections.

First off i wanna thank our staff, who pulled together and dispite shortgaes in ref, admin and clean up staff after being let down by many (altough a few had a genuine family emergency to contend with) we got through it.
yes mistakes were made, some things were missed but all in all they all perfromed miracles so i thank them all for there hard work.

So then we come to you guys, the teams. Many thanks for you understanding and patience and in most cases honesty whilst playing. Some of you took advantage but if Karma has taught us anything it will come back to bite you one day :D

Thanks to the trade stands that come to the event and support you guys with paint and products.

Usual thanks to HPAc for the air supply and support.

Big shout out to the band, the Last Resort and to those who supported them on sat night.

Big thanks to Sparkie and co for the food, excellent as usualy.

Thanks to the no shows for the stress free scheduling, :eek:

As for some concerns/issues with scheduling they will be addressed. Not helped by no shows and fields running out of sync a times. The schedule on paper works but with no shows, fields running different procedures for chrono and some teams not following the schedule or failing to be prepared for their matches means there are alot of factors that can cause chaos with something that works on paper :confused:

Most of you are understanding, and for those who aren't i hope we can please you at the next event.

Do not take the above as sarcasm, we are a customer driven business that always aims to please so if any area is sub standard feel free to tell us. Obviously somethings we can control, other things we cannot (no shows, weather, determined cheaters) but we will always try to answer any feedback and address issues.

If there is anyone ive missed i do apologise, please acept im an idiot.

See you all soon.

PS, grumpy bit.

We will be looking into the continued viability of offering camping as despite putting a dumpy bin by the corner of the camping most people prefered to leave there bottles and rubbish on the floor. Same with the car park.
Maybe im in the minority or just grumpy but i dont go to someones place and dump all my **** on there car park or camping area :mad:

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
running order

just a thought ...first off I enjoyed the day very much, OK , it was great to hear that Tannoy asking the teams to get to the fields as it made everything run a lot smoother. but wouldn't it be a better Idea to have a netted area with a chrono outside the entrance to the fields with the announcer calling the next teams to get to It so to be ready for a quick turnaround to get on the fields = 2 x teams playing with 2 x teams waiting,
it would save a lot of time rather than calling the teams when the players have just finished ...If they are there ? ? perhaps with a double gun rack so when they are checked NO-ONE can touch them until game on, ............
much better than putting expensive guns on the floor............Bluey

KU Jim

Sep 28, 2009
Keele, Staffs.
Yeh, was going to mention the scheduling. Having played both ends of the day (Championship and Conference) I was absolutely amazed at the difference in how they were run. I'll admit the reasons for this are fairly obvious. There's a big difference in numbers of teams. Obviously the boss(s) getting directly involved and the fact that everyone's tired n' they want to go home are also factors. I'm not going to complain about the Championship's issues as you're clearly aware of them and they are mostly due to factors beyound your control.

I would however like to ask that the conference teams be given a bit of slack. I found the err... brisk pace in the afternoon a welcome change but for players that really haven't been playing long it's a bit brutal. Some of our guys have only been playing since september (or later) and you're basically asking them to play X-ball. I know the captain was a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing as he had no time to sort anything out between games or work out what went wrong.

Again, I know perfectly well why it was run like that I just think maybe a few more minutes between games would be a benefit to the younger teams who arn't as sorted out as some of the other more established teams.

Would also like to mention that everything else was as we've come expect from the CPPS. You guys are of course the best in the business for a reason, but there seems very little point in simply repeating this once a month or so. You do ask for critiques after all.

f1nut2

Team Kinetic
Feb 28, 2008
St Austell
Thanks to Rich and crew for putting on the event and to the marshalls for keeping games moving once we started.

This was Team Kinetics first experiance of the CPPS and only 2nd time at the site having previously played last years Fed cup. Firstly wanted to say i thought the site looked amazing when i arrived on Saturday and there was a great atmosphere and buzz about the place come Sunday. Really enjoyed being there and worth the travel.

Really enjoyed playing the event. Thanks to all the teams we played for some close battles, a little controversy, some good banter and great games. Thanks to the marshalls who did their best despite some obvious challenges at times.

Only feedback from myself would be that was although it was nice having a relaxed start to the day knowing that we wouldnt be playing til the afternoon the M7 super league did seem to start very late originally schedules for 1330, dont think we played our first match til gone 1500 and was near to 1900 by time we finished. It certainly felt like a long drive back to Cornwall that evening!

Overall. great weekend with perfect weather and i really hope we will be back at the CPPS again soon.

Cheers Craig P - Team Kinetic

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
thanks for an awesome event as always, the conference had very quick turn overs in between games which i really liked, however i did think some of the reffing on field 5 towards the end of the day was poor, but for the majority of the day they did a really good job. Also playing on the xball field was great, and playing against the sandbaggers was a great experience.

p.s. big thanks to Ledz for the 3 lumps on the back of my head aswell :p