Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

CPS 5 events this year

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Thankfully the cost isn't too much of a concern for me, well if the difference is under 500 pounds, and I get better games, refs, and a better experience in general from the atmosphere and things to see at the event, then it's not a concern. If it was 1,000 pounds more an event that'd be a different story.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Thankfully the cost isn't too much of a concern for me, well if the difference is under 500 pounds, and I get better games, refs, and a better experience in general from the atmosphere and things to see at the event, then it's not a concern. If it was 1,000 pounds more an event that'd be a different story.
You don't want to pick up the bill for a struggling, yet handsome, student. Do you?

Reactions: Ash - GI Sportz

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
had the last event been better it might have saved the series but it just got worse each event. The air fills were down below 2k at one point, and so slow they had to abandon the 2 minute rest time. and if you watch the webcast you'll see that the layout in paris meant that both teams had to enter the field from behind one of the start gates.
its only real strong point is that because they do move countries, you do end up with a mixture of international teams in your division for the year and its nice getting a change. CPPS is way better value for money, just that you're playing more or less the same people year in year out. My experience of mills is such a different atmosphere, as dave said, worth the extra dosh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spikerz

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
@Dave284 you were staying an hour's drive from the event in Belgium, but that said, it was pretty much in a rural location, and a fairly cramped venue at that, having to squeeze all the 'paintball' cars up the lane leading to the venue so the locals could play tennis on Saturday was a real pain.

You can't expect to have the same sort of facilities as you would at a Millennium for half the price.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
@Dave284 you were staying an hour's drive from the event in Belgium, but that said, it was pretty much in a rural location, and a fairly cramped venue at that, having to squeeze all the 'paintball' cars up the lane leading to the venue so the locals could play tennis on Saturday was a real pain.

You can't expect to have the same sort of facilities as you would at a Millennium for half the price.
Surprisingly it was recommended to us by the cps. And no, you're right you can't. But for a series that markets itself as a rival to the millenniums, you should be expecting facilities similar.

My entire outlook on it is; it's a fairly average local event. If you're looking for something to rival the mills, this isn't it.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
I haven't seen air issues like the ones you're describing in over 10 years. That sounds horrid.

With the introduction of OD3 it opens up millennium events to a much larger set of players.

Granted fields being far from population centres is pretty common. Sc village in la which held the vast majority of events for decades was right next to giant fields with cow manure "ageing" so it could be sold. The smell was always pretty brutal. Especially in summer.

Camp Pendleton is on the marine base and during events you can hear machine gun fire, tanks on the firing range and helicopters going by constantly. Mardi Gras open had the event pretty close to downtown only a 30 minute drive.
Nppl Tampa though that was nice and on the main football stadium grounds.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Hell yea. Right side of the road driving in was steak places, left side was strip clubs. Glorious. Although one of our guys just stayed at the hotel and dialed up girls to visit. Poor ******* blew through 1000 bucks in one night for like 15 minutes. Hahhah