Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Custom jersey query...

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
As the title suggests,we are looking into custom jerseys in the coming weeks.My question is,we are looking to put a few logos onto our jersey,to help fill it out abit,but Inwas wondering what we'd need to do to get permission to use certain logos.Do you just email the companies and ask,or is there a somewhere where you can obtain them and use them?We're not looking for sponsorship or support,just the right to use the logos as most of us use the likes of Dye and Planet Eclipse.Any help or info would be greatly appriciated.
Kev.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
It is often just as simple as asking them via email and you get to use them and will be in the right format

However depending on who is designing or manufacturing your jersey could have them already.

Hopefully you then you get something like this... ours was courtesy of RAZA

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
I've designed a fair few jerseys in my time and here are my thoughts on the subject.

Company logos are intellectual property of the company and as such reproduction without their consent is generally a no, no. To be honest if you do not have a sponsor or support package with a company then really I think including their logos on your jersey is a bit presumptuous. Company's generally choose to be associated with teams based on their performance on the field and their conduct off of it. While it may seem to you like youre giving them free exposure, but by just printing their logos without their consent you're taking this choice away from them which they could well resent and end of the day it just doesn't seem very professional.

Also any Designer worth their salt should be able to design an excellent looking jersey with or without sponsor logos, you shouldn't need them to fill up space.

So essentially, unless you've got sponsorship or support deals with a company then leave the logos off your jersey, your designer shouldn't be bothered by it, in fact chances are they'll prefer it.

Last edited:

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
I have emailed Dye,and before they make a decision to allow us to use any of their logos,they have requested to see a draft copy so they can see that we are not using it as a sponsor,etc.At the moment,the draft doesnt include any other logos other than ours,our local site and the logo of of the design company that did our logo.To be honest,it does look good without the Dye logos.I would never consider using a logo that I dont have permission to do so,because its just not right.If they say no,they say no.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
If that is the case then I'd say look at re-working your jersey design. The design of jersey shouldn't need to lean on the design of other peoples logos to look good. Here for example is what the Essex Aces jersey looks like without any sponsor or league logos. (@alexd , let me know if you'd rather this not be online). Now this is a jersey that I designed knowing that there would be sponsor and league logos and so I assigned space for them from the start, but it is still perfectly serviceable without them.

If however I was working with a team with fewer or no sponsor logos I'd have incorporated another higher contrasting colour for highlighted details, in this case I'd have picked out the red from the team logo. As it stands I didn't need to do that because I knew the aces had plenty of logos containing red already going on there, so sticking to a shades of blue palette allowed those logos to act as the contrasting details. (This has the added bonus of making them really 'pop' off the jersey which is great for sponsor recognition). However adding small details in red to the current design would have had the same visual effect.

I hope that's helpful. I'm just trying to explain how as a designer I tackle the juggling/balancing act that jersey design always becomes

Attachments