Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Custom jersey query...

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
If that is the case then I'd say look at re-working your jersey design. The design of jersey shouldn't need to lean on the design of other peoples logos to look good. Here for example is what the Essex Aces jersey looks like without any sponsor or league logos. (@alexd , let me know if you'd rather this not be online). Now this is a jersey that I designed knowing that there would be sponsor and league logos and so I assigned space for them from the start, but it is still perfectly serviceable without them
No issue with this being shared. Particularly as I think it helps explain the design process and the final version is above!

Also an opportunity for you to take credit for the design... ;)

Reactions: NinjaSquirrel

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
Its very helpful and I do appreciate it.We just let them do their own thing,and we are currently on draft no.3.I can send you a copy if you would like a look?I would post it up here but Id rather wait till we have the final draft done.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Its very helpful and I do appreciate it.We just let them do their own thing,and we are currently on draft no.3.I can send you a copy if you would like a look?I would post it up here but Id rather wait till we have the final draft done.
So I think you do need to take ownership of the design process

When I engaged @spangley_special it was with a clear idea of what it was looking for (colours, aspects of other designs I liked, a defined list of logos for inclusion etc). Plus we knew that Raza would manufacture so had the their template in use from the start
Then it was an iterative process, as that included our logos design, to get it right. The plan is to keep a jersey design for a couple of years, then refresh, so it made sense to ensure everything was spot on. That included sharing with sponsors etc
Being meticulous meant that when RAZA received the designs, no rework was required

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
From the offset we werent sure on how we wanted it to look.The first draft,as you can imagine,will never be perfect if you let them have free reign.We discuss it amongst the team and then give them feedback on what we like and didnt like.I was speaking to one of the designers yesterday,and within a short space of time,he had taken on the changes we had asked for,and created a new draft,so we are in control of what we are looking for.Id say in all,we've only got 3-4 of our own logos,and they did a good job of spacing them out,and I think they fit the design well.Its trial and error I suppose.Im just glad they dont charge a redraw fee.lol.Theyll keep changing it untill we are 100% happy.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
From the offset we werent sure on how we wanted it to look.The first draft,as you can imagine,will never be perfect if you let them have free reign.We discuss it amongst the team and then give them feedback on what we like and didnt like.I was speaking to one of the designers yesterday,and within a short space of time,he had taken on the changes we had asked for,and created a new draft,so we are in control of what we are looking for.Id say in all,we've only got 3-4 of our own logos,and they did a good job of spacing them out,and I think they fit the design well.Its trial and error I suppose.Im just glad they dont charge a redraw fee.lol.Theyll keep changing it untill we are 100% happy.
I would agree it is an iterative process... I spent some time considering what I like the look of. Colours were chosen for variety of reasons, and wanted to avoid having another red jersey (which seems to be a dominant colour scheme). It sounds like I was probably more explicit on what I wanted, which has it's strengths and weaknesses
Once we had the first design it was more minor tweaks than fundamental changes.

Getting it 100% to your liking is worth the effort, and having a good designer is essential as they translate your ideas and creativity into the design. I have no skills in that area, but I do know what I want if that makes sense!

I would also encourage the same focus during the proofing stages, as you don't want the wrong name or numbers inadvertently included. RAZA did make a couple of errors (transposing M and N for example), but they were also very good

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
so just to be clear you want to throw a bunch of other companies logos on to your jersey just to try and make it look good? just get a good design in the first place instead, no need to make yourself a walking billboard...
here's the clan jersey which has virtually no logos other than the shoulder and chest.

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Of all the paintball companines we could have asked,I only asked Dye and PE.Dye where the only ones to get back to me.Since then,Ive seen the drafts,and you are right,the designer has done a fantastic job with what we've given them,and filled out the design very well.It was never the intention to add logos to make it look good,so I maybe didnt put it across in exactly the right words.The main reason behind me asking was due to the fact that 90% of the team uses Dye or PE gear.

Reactions: alexd