Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dark Knight Rises shooter was a paintball fan

hipjaw

pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk // Reading Entity // #22
Apr 8, 2011
Bristol
pbplayr.blogspot.co.uk
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177982/Dark-Knight-Rises-shooting-Aurora-Colorado-James-Holmes-rejected-women-dating-website.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I was just trying to find out how to pull women on online dating sites and stumbled upon this. Look at the two pictures after the dude's adultfriendfinder profile. The dude has a poster of derder paintball video 'soldiers of misfortune' which this publication states is a video game. I hope it stays that way, paintball seems to be the exception to the 'any press is good press' rule.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
This could turn out bad, real bad. The guy was stock-piling munitions for months. I mean he had something like 9,000 rounds altogether and owned four weapons which were bought legally with all the proper permits and paperwork.

Well, as it unfortunately states on the poster "The new DVD from Derder productions" and "Canadian Paintball" I think it won't be long before it emerges that he is obviously some kind of paintball mentalist aswell as a video game psycho...

Sheesh, normal people just never seem to get a break. I wonder what delightful restrictions will be thought up in the wake of this attack.

I was disgusted when I read through it all the next day, hope he gets what's coming to him but we certainly don't need the game brought into a case like this as a possible motivation...

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I live i the country, i know people with guns, i know people that play paintball and own guns. That doesnt mean that their mad as badgers and like to kill people, it annoys me when media try to put blame on something when the fact of the matter is, that guy isnt 'normal' and even if he was a bird watching ballet dancer it still would have happened.
But i doubt theyl pick up on that poster. X

Last edited:

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
So, to summarise, a guy who liked paintball, and also purchased a load of guns killed a load of people.

Before dealing with the fact that he was able to quite easily get hold of the aforementioned guns in order to kill people, the authorities are going to clamp down on paintball.

Lets be honest, the gun laws in the US aren't going to change as a result of this, so neither is the way PB is governed.

Or are we all scared that people will think we are all mass murdering gun nuts because this guy has a DerDer poster on his wall? Any of you live in the real world, and speak to sensible human beings on a regular basis? Yeah, I think it'll be alright too.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
It's ok, the daily mail is too ****ing stupid to know what derder is anyway. Look at the description they posted for the close-up of the poster:
"
Interests: Glimpses into Holmes' apartment show that he had a poster of the video game Soldiers of Misfortune"
I'm sure the daily mail is too busy trying to think of dark-knight puns to research the apparent video game "Soldiers of Misfortune"

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
So, to summarise, a guy who liked paintball, and also purchased a load of guns killed a load of people.

Before dealing with the fact that he was able to quite easily get hold of the aforementioned guns in order to kill people, the authorities are going to clamp down on paintball.

Lets be honest, the gun laws in the US aren't going to change as a result of this, so neither is the way PB is governed.

Or are we all scared that people will think we are all mass murdering gun nuts because this guy has a DerDer poster on his wall? Any of you live in the real world, and speak to sensible human beings on a regular basis? Yeah, I think it'll be alright too.

Well, given the fact that some places in the US have already started banning Batman related costumes, rather than guns, it ain't that crazy to be worried...