Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Days of My Life: Whose NPPL am I sucking on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This is what I think about this Chris guy :-
When I was at uni, which was a long, long time ago, certain students exhibited certain behavioural traits that at times could easily identify them as reading certain subjects.

The Maths guys all had long hair, half of them had glasses, no sense of humour and were about as exciting as a wet firework (except me of course, I was as cool as ****).

The Science guys were aloof but had half a sense of humour and drank like fish, when they eventually got out of bed.

The 'Arty Farty' type guys, you know the type, Languages, History, Arts etc, well, what can I say, they were all freaks and dressed like tramps and never went to lectures but still passed with a 2.1 coz their course was sooo damn easy !

The philosophy guys all went round looking intense as if they knew something the rest of us didn't and were to a man (and woman), all butt ugly with a multiplicity of spots, acne and facial haemorrhages of some kind going on.

And now we come to those who read the Social Sciences, OH MY GOD !!!!
I hated them, they thought coz their course had the word 'Science' attached to it, they could be regarded as scientists but their most endearing trait was this, after just one term, these idiots thought they knew it all, thought they could cure the world of all its ills, they looked at the world thru their first term course work and their arrogance made them believe they understood it all; for any serious thinking people, they were quite sickening to be around !!
And our little mate Chris is one of these and if he ain't studying the Social Sciences then he should change course now !!
He comes onto this board exhibiting all the traits of the social science guys, lecturing arrogantly to many people on here, all who have vastly more expereince of the game than he.
Yeuk !!!!
Robbo

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Steve, why your previous post would get both sides going against you is beyond me. I think most people would tend to agree with the points you made.
I just suspected that some of the frequent posters hold to an illusion that X-ball will mean a gigantic break-through in media attention.

Something I forgot to add concerning the attempts to persuade a certain poster: we are definitely beating a dead horse.

Steve

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Joe Public Tournament player calling.....

I can probably be classed pretty much as Joe Public tourney player albeit at a low level. But lets get real here - the vast majority of tourney players aren't exactly pro anyway so I think I could class as typical in many ways.
Sorry Chris but I'm completely on the side of Robbo here. Yes, we DO need to improve the reffing, but the other aspects are just as important. You might quite happily go off into the woods for a pee but I don't really have that option, I HAVE to use whatever toilets are supplied. From what I've heard, there are better facilities at some of the S2k2 events I've been to this year, events that cater for 30-50 teams. Again, you might be happy to survive on whatever they served up at the World Cup, but most people need decent food if they are going to play/judge/work a trade stand for days on end with no access to other stuff.
I've been to a few Millenniums in the last couple of years, mostly stuck in a trade stand rather than playing, and they are all able to manage the overall facilities that the US tourneys can't seem to organise. Stadiums, toilets, decent food, good layout, members of the non-paintballing public attending.....
I don't have a problem with being judged by other teams at present either, provided that simple precautions are taken like a neutral field ultimate per field & a strong tournament ultimate. I know there's no way I could afford to play if we had the extra cost of professional refs added to entries.
Re Shatnerball, of course he did a lot for paintball in general. But I think Maurice Gibb did just as much if not more when he played Campaign this year, I know of loads of people who had never even seen paintball that came just because they heard him on the radio or something. I'm not a completely diehard tourney player either. I play the occasional scenario for a bit of lighthearted fun so please don't accuse me of being narrow minded & completely tournament centric - I'm not and I DO have the brains to see how the 2 aspects of the sport are related!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by Wadidiz
I just suspected that some of the frequent posters hold to an illusion that X-ball will mean a gigantic break-through in media attention.
I think we'd pretty much all agree that Xball may be the "best" chance of a gigantic breakthrough, but most of us are realists and understand it isn't a given and there is more than enough oppurtunity for people to screw it up.

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Something I forgot to add concerning the attempts to persuade a certain poster: we are definitely beating a dead horse.
Yes :)

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
2 things

1. Facefull may not have newsstand distribution anywhere in tha world but PGI sure as **** does, and in North America that distribution is second only to APG.

2. Lemme try this whole brevity thang sorted out for tha sake of everyone's eyes: On one hand you got a whole load of people arguing passionately for something they believe in, on tha other you got someone arguing cos he can.

And that to me says it all...

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
By the way, in the interest of fairness to PSP I suggest having a look at PSP's forum and especially the following link where some of the accusations of profit-gouging have been addressed. I don't feel at liberty to paste what Lane Wright wrote here because I haven't received his permission, but here's the link:

http://pub158.ezboard.com/fpspnpplforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

I'm particularly referring to Lane's 2nd post.

Steve

R

raehl

Why would I have to move NCPA events to stadiums? The only thing that would make that happen would be full team funding. My teams would kill me if I put an event in a stadium if it meant costs went up.

Stadiums arn't bad. Stadiums are just not why people do or don't like paintball. In terms of making a sport, a 100+ team event with 10+ fields and 3+ days, team reffing, open entry, unknown team names, lack of predetermined season schedule, sub-15 minute game times, companies selling sporting goods, with the revenue model heavily based on charging the participants and the vendors, whether it's in a stadium or a cow pasture makes little difference. The stadium makes the customer feel more important, but it's just icing on rotten cake.

Liz, I hear you on wanting better food and toilets if you're going to be at an event for 3 days. But the problem isn't the food and toilets, it's the 3 days. You guys are trying to convince yourselves that you can keep doing things the way they've been done as long as you do it in a stadium, and that's where I'm calling shenanigans.

And for the record, there are a lot of business people I talk to who agree with this - they're just smart enough to stay off the web boards. ;)

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.