Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Days of My Life: Whose NPPL am I sucking on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Wadidiz
By the way, in the interest of fairness to PSP I suggest having a look at PSP's forum and especially the following link where some of the accusations of profit-gouging have been addressed. I don't feel at liberty to paste what Lane Wright wrote here because I haven't received his permission, but here's the link:

http://pub158.ezboard.com/fpspnpplforumfrm2.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

I'm particularly referring to Lane's 2nd post.

Steve
This is the standard reply, Steve. Besides, what's Lane supposed to say?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Joe Public Tournament player calling.....

Originally posted by Liz
Re Shatnerball, of course he did a lot for paintball in general. But I think Maurice Gibb did just as much if not more when he played Campaign this year, I know of loads of people who had never even seen paintball that came just because they heard him on the radio or something.
I'm going to have to disagree here. Yes Maurice did a lot for Campaign and paintball, but not to the level that Shatner did in the USA.

Shatner went on a whole series of shows over the months leading up to the event and talked about it. And about why paintball was good and safe etc. He also did this after the event and is still pushing it and is a paintball fan now. I hear recently some 'mom' asked him if it was ok for her kids on a chat show trying to put it down and he went through explaining why it was good in terms of team building and leadership etc.

When you see Maurice go onto Richard and Judy to talk about paintball, or appear on a prime time evening chat show talking about it and inviting people to play, then you can make a fair comparison. :D

I'm not knocking Maurice's contributions at all, and from what I hear he does intend to help promote paintball further so it's all good.

What Shatner did and is still doing is unprecedented as far as I am aware though.

manike

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Originally posted by raehl
Why would I have to move NCPA events to stadiums?[blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah]...And for the record, there are a lot of business people I talk to who agree with this - they're just smart enough to stay off the web boards. ;)

- Chris
Did anyone else hear a "dead horse" whinnying?

Just for the record, stadiums aren't at all that interesting to me. A flat, grass soccer field with grandstands is fine for me. Then give me good reffing, some decent food, a decent trade show, a smooth schedule, a secure player-staging area (near the fields) and I'm happier 'n a horse fly on a pile of Kissimmee cow****.

STeve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
DAMN, how stooopid is this guy ???????

GIVE IT UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave it alone !!!!!!!!!!

Nobody agrees with you, and no amount of extended post is gonna convince anyone, except of course yourself.

Start another thread, go on holiday, take a sabbatical, hibernate, do anything for God's sake but leave this bone alone, you are a lone voice making yourself look more silly as the post count increases.

Robbo

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Like I said, the reason stadiums are more interesting is because of their location. Crystal Palace has a train station next to it for god's sake! It's all about infrastructure, something which is non existant in a cow pasture.
Most Millennium series events don't take place in a stadium, but on a sports complex. They are all easy to reach, inside, or just on the outskirts of town, and have parking space. YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT WITH A COW PASTURE!!! IS IT NOW FINALLY SINKING IN?

R

raehl

But you can do just fine with a fairgrounds.

As for sports complexes, you don't find sports complexes capable of handling a NPPL/PSP event right by train stations or just outside of urban areas in the US without paying an arm and a leg for them, if you can find one at all. We just don't have mass transit running amuk like you guys do in Europe.

Seriously though, where do you find a stadium/sports complex type area where you can fit 10+ 10-man fields?

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.