Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

DM10 Bolt moving with Eyes OFF?

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by fhe, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fhe Active Member

fhe
    Message Count:
    First time dismantleing the marker,

I took the bolt out, Cleaned it up, and re lubed it pretty well, and screwed the top back on and put the bolt back in and tightend it up.

Cleaned the eye pipe, and put the tank on and turned eyes off to dry fire it, went to put my finger down the feed neck and i thought hang on a sec, ill just test it first, shot it once and the bolt came forward!

Lucky i never took my finger off!

anyone know what i have done ? :(

2. Gassy Guest

Gassy
    did you de-gas the gun before removing the bolt ? as the reg can hold a shots worth of air

?

3. Karlashnekov Staves Karlashnekov

Karlashnekov Staves
    Message Count:
    had the same prob wit my Proto marker (i know there not the same) came down to bolt stick. either grease the bolt up good or it mite be a simple thing like a split oring. do you have a flat washer on them bolts? mite be worn.

hope you get it sorted fhe.

4. fhe Active Member

fhe
    Message Count:
    Yes I did Gassy,

Hmmmm

5. fhe Active Member

fhe
    Message Count:
    In that take ill take the bolt out again, and relube it even more!

6. Exile The Tao of Pooh

Exile
    Message Count:
    If you turn the eyes off then of course the gun will fire. Only if the eyes are on will it not fire unless you break the eye beam (for example with your finger).

When you say the bolt came forward, do you mean it cycled or it stayed forward?

7. Gassy Guest

Gassy
    Exile I typed the same answer as you out but then i re-read his post and it didn't mention turning the air on and I assumed that everyone knew the bolt would still cycle with the eyes off.

We shall see :D

8. fhe Active Member

fhe
    Message Count:
    it cycled it came forward and back again ?.

What i ment was, When i put the finger in, It would of taken it clean off, where as before, if i turned my eyes off and put my finger in, i could dry fire it without a problem ?

Anyidea's ? I just took it out and lubed it up again and checked the rings still same problem.

9. Exile The Tao of Pooh

Exile
    Message Count:
    So it's cycling normally.

Ok, you're not making any sense here - you say that the bolt *would have* taken your finger off, how can you tell?

The bolt is cycling much faster?
    If you've just re-lubed it, then there is going to be less friction, making the bolt cycle a little easier/faster. Provided you haven't messed with your LPR setting, then it won't make a difference. If you have messed with the LPR, then don't. Reset it back to stock (according to your manual) and leave well alone.

Constant re-lubing is not going to change anything, once lubed (with only just enough dow33 to make the o-rings look wet, no more), then you should just leave it alone.

At the end of the day, dry firing is never needed - once lubed, check over a chrono with decent paint, and then put back in bag until it's time to shoost bad guys again.

10. Karlashnekov Staves Karlashnekov

Karlashnekov Staves
    Message Count:
    1. if your air is ON and eyes are ON then if you put you finger in it WILL fire but only if you press the trigger.

2. if your air is On and you eyes are OFF it will fire whether your fingers is breaking the eyes ofr not but you have to press the trigger.

you only have a problem if your air is ON and your eyes are OFF then you press your trigger once and it goes on Fully Auto. :D

but thats still fixable. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.