Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dressing like girls at tournaments and other stuff.

Should Body Protection be worn at Tournaments

• Yes

Votes: 38 25.7%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.2%
  • Dont care

Votes: 46 31.1%

• Total voters

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I am referring of course to the massive influx of padded vests that are to "supposedly" protect you against the occasional bruise you may receive.
I can see the sense to a small degree for there use during practise but by allowing players to use them in tournament is either silly or the tournaments pandering to the manufacturers by their requests to make them tournament legal.

They are bloody stupid, I was going to start this thread with the from the viewpoint of are paintballers becoming soft but why would a player not use any advantage if a group of fools allowed them.

I asked Ulrich from the Millennium Series to confirm he was allowing them because I was sure he would not but his words in reply was along the lines that he wanted his refs to be judging the games not checking the way players are dressed before hand.
So he decided players could use them, I was going to ask him was he going to be checking if a player was wearing two or even three of them but thought he would not see the weakness of his reply to my original enquiry.

So at what point will paintball decide what is best for itself instead of being told what we need as and when one of the manufacturers decide on releasing a new product.

Don't misunderstand my viewpoint, there is no way I am against the man behind the desk at paintball inc or anywhere else, in fact I have been very vocal that without those same guys at paintball inc generating a decent profit they will not be able to support the continuing development of paintball, and without that support we will be in very dire straits a lot sooner than predicted.

I read an article about Richmond Italia by Robbo in a recent PGI and he was saying that the influx of cheap white box paint and the resulting loss of income by the companies that supported paintball has caused a lot of problems.
"Caused a lot of problems" a bit of an understatement don't you think I am sure he was just being nice, a trait I hope he keeps in it's right place if he comes back into paintball in a big way.

Richmond may be correct on what has contributed toward the demise of trade support for paintball.
But I am not the only one who believes the nonsense that manufacturers are making and releasing now will not help.
Is it fashion, personal safety or just another way of ruining the game....... I am sure it's the first point, saying it is the second and ending up at the third.

All the major leagues should get their collective fingers out of their collective fat arses and for once do something for the good of the game not their sponsors pocket.
Revenue will follow, but first we have to put things in order.

Russ

jacktheman2

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2007
London
www.shutterimages.co.uk
On the point of padded vests. I totally agree yes there may be some use for them in a practice section where your drilling away you may want to have some padding or when your marshaling . But in a tournament i fell that it's totally ridiculous yes paint-balling dose hurt but in a tournament most of the time your ready to kill some people your body is hoped up on adrenaline worrying about it hurting when your hit will be the last thing on your mind.

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
On the point of padded vests. I totally agree yes there may be some use for them in a practice section where your drilling away you may want to have some padding or when your marshaling . But in a tournament i fell that it's totally ridiculous yes paint-balling dose hurt but in a tournament most of the time your ready to kill some people your body is hoped up on adrenaline worrying about it hurting when your hit will be the last thing on your mind.
He he I'll remind you of that Thomas on Saturday after I lane you and Bryn off the break hehe :D

Personally Im all for the protective chest vests. For the average punter who plays in the woods they are a waste of time, but for those of us getting 12 balls a second winging our way they can take the sting out of a painful barrage. Especially when some people have some funny idea's about over shooting.

Frankly I think they should be available for those that want them. But after a while I don't see the point as you get used to it. I don't even feel hits anymore worse than a split second slap, and I almost never get welts anymore. You naturally toughen up I've found.

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
Im not against them, but I don't use one. I guess it saves you coming home looking like you've got some disease because someone just put 10 balls in your back following a run through.

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
iam sorry but disagree hurt like hell when a moron bonus balled me all up my back with about 30 balls the bruises where really nasty in the places it missed the vest and glad i only had about 10 of them and not more

Revolt

Monkey features
Dec 10, 2005
Scotland
Visit site
im thinking they ruin games....

running through a 12 bps at full pelt, you are gona be lucky if a ball even hits you... and apart from that the only time you get shot a lot is on a run through (where adrenalin cancels it out) or if you get mugged...

jeeze, a shot only hurts for 10 seconds anyway

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
For the average punter who plays in the woods they are a waste of time,
When was the last time you played in the woods - at the end of every punter day you have both males and females comparing welts. You walk down the street and ask anybody what is the first thing they think of when the think of paintball and they will tell you "IT HURTS" and they have probably never even been balling.