Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

dumb things noobs do

32degreeballerI.E.

PAINTCHECK!
Oct 10, 2003
PA
Visit site
i witnessed some the other week when playing with someone who was playing for the second time, we were pinned down in a solid bunker (woods ball) but had 3 guys moving in on us from front, left, and right

sticking just your gun out of the bunker and just firing off random shots-

this lets them know your defenseless and they'll move in on you, show your confident, take good shots and make them count, even in bad situation, make your shots count, if you get one person out, and then you get out, it evens it out, and helps your team mate

running around not know where to go-

if your moving forward or back, or getting a better angle, know where your running, don't just run around looking for cover, find your cover before you move, this way you can get there quickly, and give yourself some cover fire before you move, wheather its you shooting or your teammates, i'm not saying shoot while running(you can), but fire a couple at them even if they're in cover, just to scare them, or get a teammate to shoot while you run, and if you can, run behind other cover when you more, this will break/ stop balls and give them small areas to shoot at, or run sideway to your oppenent, if you run a straight line forward or backwards they came keep shooting the same spot and get honed in, if you move sideways they will have to keep up with how you run

talking normal to a teammate-

make sure they can hear you "play like your with 100" as in this months APG, yell, if your setting up a flank with someway not next to you, you gotta make yourself clear over all the guns going off and balls breaking, wind, etc..., i've had this happen, and he ended up getting shot out b/c he didn't know where to go, he only heard me and i didn't hear him

making yourself an easy target-

you have to make yourself as small as possible when you pop out to shoot, get tight, pop out shoot a couple shots and get back in

don't always pop up in the same spot-

i've shot out lots of people that do this, they pop up from they cover at the same spot everytime, this lets me shoot a couple while they're behind the cover, and i hone in on where they keep coming up, they pop up, and bam, they get hit right in the mask or shoulder

running slow when they don't know where oppenets are at-

basically, run fast all the time unless your sneaking and you have to be slow

shooting at an opponets really far away-

shooting through the trees at someone 80-100 yds away thinking they'll hit them, this only gives away your position, let them walk right up to you and shoot them at 20 yds away, not wasting paint at long shots

moving without looking-

if your a runner (front) look very closely at what around you, look to see if they're hiding really good, or if you can see them but they can't see you, even if you don't see them, once again, look to see where there's cover if come under fire, and move behind cover

not moving stealthly-

move when you got cover sound, espically for woodsball, leaves are noisy and you can sneak without being seen or heard in the woods, if they're heavy gun fire, the winds blowing, a car driving by, people yelling, dogs barking, whatever, use this to your advantage, and watch where you move too, grass and mud is quieter than twigs and leaves

now, this is what i try to remember and use when i play woodsball, this is all we can play around here, speed ball may be different but some of it will probably still work, wow, my fingers hurt from all this typing...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
When I started playing I remember doubling up with a team mate in a lay down cokecan. I said to him
"you need to be in the t-bag on the tape, go now I'll cover you in!!"

and as he got up to run I lent round his way and shot him in the back of the head as he ran up the field. I was in noob mode that day.

:D

Twiglet

finally earning... :)
Oct 29, 2003
surrey
You start getting worried though when you repeatedly shoot into your barrel sock before the game has started... That was a bad, rather traumatic day for me ;)

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
hell nowhere near as bad as shooting yourself in the face...or foot....or arm. Im renowned in the team for it....

ah well, i'm a little more careful now :D well...:rolleyes: