Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Dam leak

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Soo..... I have a Dye Dam with second gen bolt, I have recharged all orings and greased it well.

However when I air the marker up it leaks..... It appears to come from round the mag well ( in that region)

If anyone can help I would be grateful as so far it's caused me more issues then it's worth :(

@DYE Europe
@DYE Euro Tech

Aug 10, 2009
If you already have a gen2 bolt, and replaced and greased the red bolt sail, and 020 green sleeve orings (if not try that first) Then I would try seeing if the leak stops after checking the regulator is at (or below) 150psi to see if it reduces or stops the leak. Without testing the pressure reducing the regulator to the point the dam just starts firing eg. At 240-250fps will also work.

If it does not reduce the leak first thing to try would be checking the stock adaptor plug 010 orings located at the back below the bolt kit.

Once the markers purged of air the plug comes out easily with a pick through the small hole on the side of the plug.

If these plugs 010's are scuffed or damaged in any way they could be the cause of a leak down the mag well

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Turned the fps down and it's no longer leaking I am assuming. However I have 1k in my tanks and the dam won't fore at all?

Also my eyes say there's a ball loaded when there is nothin in the chamber

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
If the leak is only stopped by turning right down and you cannot fire, (as opposed to you being able to turn it up slightly to shoot before leak occurs) then it's a genuine leak, as opposed to being over pressurised

Have another look over the bolt checking every oring is in place, good and correctly lubed

If not resolved it may need someone to get hands on

Aug 10, 2009
1k will be enough to test fire so long as its not significantly lower than that.

As mentioned did the leak stop only once the regulator was fully wound down or did the leak stop sooner like while the marker could still fire. This will determine whether it is worth replacing the aforementioned orings.

Regarding the eyes this is most commonly caused by a low battery, or a low quality battery. First I would put in a good quality brand new battery eg Duracell procell to test if its that. Then if that does not fix it remove the magwell and check the eyes are clean and the eye wire is not damaged. Finally remove the eyes from the body while still plugged in and turned on to see if the light turns red when the eyes are aligned outside the marker, if it does the eye pipe may need cleaning.