Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Dam or Tournament ie. Ego11

Dye Dam or Ego 11

• Total voters

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Hey my names Luke and ive recently the past few months got into woodsball. Me, my brother and his friends all go on a local walk on day i. Bare Regis in Dorset called Skirmish Paintball.

I picked up a chrome X7 Phenom from one of the walk on players and now after a few months ive decided I want to upgrade January next year. New Years, new marker :)

So ive watched hours and hours and hours of paintball on YouTube, really got into watching speedball which is something I hope to get into soon.

Since watching videos ive watched players using the Dye Dam and it just looks Awsome fun to play with. But also reading a lot of reviews it has some serious flaws. Speaking to some of our walk on players they seem to think it's over rated and the marker to buy would be a Ego 11.

So I'm kind of stuck between being different and getting the Dye Dam or following suit and getting a EGO11 or something similar.

Has anyone used both and could shed a ray of light on pros and cons etc.

Thanks!

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I can play woodsball with my ego and tournament, I wouldnt be able to do that with a DAM. When it comes to markers i always so go with a tourny style marker. I have an ego 11 (selling to feed my self :( ) and i think its fantastic.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
"really got into watching speedball which is something I hope to get into soon"

Then it HAS to be the Ego! A DAM is overly bulky and the ONLY advantage is that it can be mag-fed, if you want to do that. It would be a big disadvatage on a tournament field. The EGO will be lighter, smaller and the better choice IMHO - and it can be used in the woods as well!

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
I can play woodsball with my ego and tournament, I wouldnt be able to do that with a DAM. When it comes to markers i always so go with a tourny style marker. I have an ego 11 (selling to feed my self :( ) and i think its fantastic.
I won't be looking to buy until after Christmas. Got kids to please but il be defintly looking January!!! I'm trying to sell my Phenom.

By all means send me a link though.

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
"really got into watching speedball which is something I hope to get into soon"

Then it HAS to be the Ego! A DAM is overly bulky and the ONLY advantage is that it can be mag-fed, if you want to do that. It would be a big disadvatage on a tournament field. The EGO will be lighter, smaller and the better choice IMHO - and it can be used in the woods as well!
Yeah what really puts me off the DAM is the bit that holds the hopper apparently comes loose after periods of play and gets worst over time as the screws are very small. I mainly play woodsball and first strike rounds look insane! But like you say the ego can be used in two variations.

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Ego 11.
Easily cleaned ( just a quick wipe to get the paint off)
Easily serviced.
Air efficient .
Excellent build quality.
Very reliable.
Shoots brittle paint.
Light to carry.
Parts readily available .
Oled screen to change settings and programme.
Fantastic customer service from the manufacturer.
Keep their resale value ( within reason).£300-350 at the moment.
I've had 3 with no issues whatsoever.

DAM.
None of the above.
Apart from customer service,which to be fair was fine( now its in Germany so don't know)
Looks nice if you want to go Milsim
Shoots first strike out of the box,but may need other barrel types to get accurate groupings.
Magfed.
£500-550
Had 2 ,lots of issues.
Other guys I know like them.

So its your money,take your pick.
Try before you buy if you can.

Lukehickson

Nov 16, 2014
Dorset
Ego 11.
Easily cleaned ( just a quick wipe to get the paint off)
Easily serviced.
Air efficient .
Excellent build quality.
Very reliable.
Shoots brittle paint.
Light to carry.
Parts readily available .
Oled screen to change settings and programme.
Fantastic customer service from the manufacturer.
Keep their resale value ( within reason).£300-350 at the moment.
I've had 3 with no issues whatsoever.

DAM.
None of the above.
Apart from customer service,which to be fair was fine( now its in Germany so don't know)
Looks nice if you want to go Milsim
Shoots first strike out of the box,but may need other barrel types to get accurate groupings.
Magfed.
£500-550
Had 2 ,lots of issues.
Other guys I know like them.

So its your money,take your pick.
Try before you buy if you can.
Yeah someone has offered me a go on a Ego 11 but I don't know anyone with a Dye Dam which concerns me as I don't wanna spend £600 on a marker I don't like. Thanks for the comment as really good to hear from someone who has had both.

I'm reslly leaning towards an Ego11 at the moment. Apart from the Geo, does the Ego 11 have strong rivals. What's the thoughts on a Dye 14 for woodsball?

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Either, EGO or GEO are great markers.
EGO11 with a DART kit fitted,or a GEO 3 with the new IV core would be my advice.
Can't help with Dye's other than DAM I'm afraid.