Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye's use of LPR - what's the reasoning..?

Reptile Smile

Aug 14, 2014
Brizzle
As I understand it, in terms of high-end spool valves, Dye are basically by themselves in using an LPR. The Geo doesn't have one, and neither does the Luxe, I believe..? So there has to be a reason for it, but it strikes me as unusual that the benefit that Dye believe it brings isn't endorsed by Planet, or DLX.

The Geo 3.5 weighs around 920g with barrel and battery. My DM9 weighs about 1020g in the same condition, and I can well believe that the extra 100g comes from the LPR and the larger body needed to accommodate it. In fact, I'm surprised the DM doesn't weigh more...

So what gives? What are the arguments for and against the LPR in spool valves..?

jetter10

Sep 19, 2014
Exeter, Devon
planet eclipse did have the lpr, but it seems they've moved on, looks like they've changed the design on the ego because of a level valve system.

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
Nope the NT11 has an LPR or that's what it looks like at the end of my marker. Strangely I never adjust it nor need to. Complete contrast to the Timmy's I've run over the years, they all had LPR and HPR and Bob's guns have always been just a few fps in fluctuations for consistency. With an LPR you can fine tune the hammer shuttle i.e. lower PSI = less kick = better accuracy. As always its a balancing game. Up the HPR a bit, back off the LPR and smooth out the hammer action. So with a spooler, how is an LPR going to help the hammer. I'm just as perplexed. But my NT runs smooth and I like it that way.

Last edited: