Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dying mask

Rufkneck

Aug 28, 2013
dye's wont work as your base colours are too dark, you could try rubbing the mask down with fine sand paper, and then spraying it the colour of your choice with a plastic paint.

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
Ive recently begun experimenting with mask spraying and changing the colour of my mask with great results

as you can see, it turned out great. However, being as flexable as it is, the sides are easily fractured if bent more than 45 degrees inwards. I didnt need to sand it down, i just applied acrylic plastic paint and sealed it with a clear seal. Its still as of yet untested on field however it will soon be subject to a brutal shoot out on a walk on ;)

It might be an idea though to consider a more sturdy mask like Grillz or I4's to paint/colour change.

Adam Axford

Northern Devils Captain #89
Nov 14, 2013
Greater Manchester
Ive recently begun experimenting with mask spraying and changing the colour of my mask with great results

as you can see, it turned out great. However, being as flexable as it is, the sides are easily fractured if bent more than 45 degrees inwards. I didnt need to sand it down, i just applied acrylic plastic paint and sealed it with a clear seal. Its still as of yet untested on field however it will soon be subject to a brutal shoot out on a walk on ;)

It might be an idea though to consider a more sturdy mask like Grillz or I4's to paint/colour change.
What type is your mask mate?

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
the mask in the picture is an Empire Vents mask, sometimes mistaken as Events.

Because your asking, Im going to assume you actually have the Events mask (have extra side vents either side of the mouth piece?)

diaboro919

Crimson Baller
Jun 14, 2012
Dorset
i used Kobra acrylic paint, its that good i didnt need a base coat. very smooth finish, non drip and instant adhesive to the mask. like i said before, only cracked when i bent the sides inwards for a stress test. the pic is the mask with 2 layers then sealed. its still to be shot at however i reckon it will be fine :)