Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 06 snapped QEV

Horne

Nov 20, 2015
Hi

Basically im having a nightmare with this, my ego 06's rear QEV has snapped and the thread is now stuck in the rammer. Ive managed to get a new QEV from America but i cant get the old thread out ive tried everything, using easi-outs, drilling it and gluing an allen key in their but being very careful to not damage the thread in the rammer. Ive even tried getting a tap to cut a new thread into the rammer housing but nowhere can match the thread on the QEV.

So basically does anyone have any ideas how i could get the snapped thread out? Or know of any service companies etc... who may be able to help?

Many thanks

cwkotw

Aug 30, 2004
Visit site
Have you tried heating it(just a little) Then quickly glue an Allen key in it before it cools? Never tried it before but heating has been suggested before with barrels. Could try that.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Those old QEV blocks are installed using a small amount of low strength loctite on the threads. Normal circustances, these are easy to break free.
If the QEV was installed using high strength loctite, you will need heat to break the loctite free.

renie

Mar 2, 2008
a little heat should do the trick, the tap you require is imperial not metric cant remember the size off the top of me head
its 8/32 or something

Horne

Nov 20, 2015
right thanks everyone for the advice its much appreciated, i will try to get a picture of the parts up today
and i will try appling some heat to it and see how i get along with that

Reactions: cheyenne