Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 11 velocity and battery issues

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Bought an Ego 11 off here not long ago and ive noticed its velocity is all over the place and even with the regulator completely screwed out it rarely hits above 260 fps. Ive had a planet tech basically give it a full o ring rebuild and it doesnt seem to have made much difference. Is this perhaps because the gun has been sweetspotted at 260? If so how do I go about changing that?? Would it have anything to do with the LPR??

Also it absolutely hammers through batteries. I had a duracell in it reading as completely full and it didnt have the power to even fire the gun. I changed it out and the battery lasted half a day before it too had to be changed. Pretty disappointed with all this because I was assured planet guns were solid. Never had these issues with my ego 9s.

Any advice would be great.

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Was the planet tech certified, or someone who claimed to be a tech ?
Reset LPR and other settings to factory, then pop in a new high quality battery. (Battery meters are not that accurate)
Air up and check for any leaks.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Hey Ollie,

Check the sfr settings on the noid, they should be at 5 and 7. Any setting low than 7 for the rear dial can have adverse effects on the fps.

as for batteries, Procells aren't the best choice, seriously, most of the time they just don't work. Try the energizer hi-techs or duracell one's that are gold.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Hey Ollie,

Check the sfr settings on the noid, they should be at 5 and 7. Any setting low than 7 for the rear dial can have adverse effects on the fps.

as for batteries, Procells aren't the best choice, seriously, most of the time they just don't work. Try the energizer hi-techs or duracell one's that are gold.
Hi mate. So the noid should be 7 for the rear and 5 for the front yeah?? Will give the new batteries a go, see what happens

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Was the planet tech certified, or someone who claimed to be a tech ?
Reset LPR and other settings to factory, then pop in a new high quality battery. (Battery meters are not that accurate)
Air up and check for any leaks.
Yeah hes a certified tech. Its Automag, think hes a level 2. I trust him.

How do you reset the LPR??

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
Hi mate. So the noid should be 7 for the rear and 5 for the front yeah?? Will give the new batteries a go, see what happens
Aye, 7 at the rear, 5 at the front.

To reset the LPR, take the adjuster screw to flush, then turn it twice clockwise.