Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO9 - High or Low Pressure

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Been out of the game for over 2 years now and was very much a Dye man before that. What do the EGO's (specifically the 9 if that makes a difference) run best off? High or low pressure?

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think the EGO9 is set up for High Pressure, but you can buy a low pressure piston for the HPR so you can put a low pressure bottle on it.

OR get a Violent Series regulator (similar to what is on the EGO11/GEO2.1/Etek4 etc) and it allows any pressure, even SLP.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
As far as I know HP is recommended for Egos but they should be fine with a good LP bottle as long as it's not too low and has a good recharge. I use a Crossfire LP bottle on my Ego 8 without issue, when I spoke to Planet at the time they said the Crossfire was one of few LP regs that'll work ok.

If buying a new bottle there's no reason not to go with HP, very few guns prefer LP. Older Angels for example, which is the only reason I have an LP bottle which I used with my A4 Fly.

Last edited:

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Oh right, thanks. Would I be correct in assuming its the same for a GEO/GEO+ ? High pressure?