Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego's vs geo (advice for my next purchase)

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Ok so I've been paintballing for a while, I own a BT dfender, it's not my thing now but was great fun, need something more nimble and rapid! I'm not expert when it comes to knowing the difference between markers (still a newbie as such), research and more research can give a rough idea but experiences from players in the field is probably far greater...

I'm looking to get either an LV1 or a GEO 3.

Opinions on what to go for and what is better?

So far the knowledge i was told by someone at mayhem is that LV1 is more silent and can spread more paint where as the GEO pops out paint but has a longer distance range. Random snippets of info I thought as most high end markers I thought spread paint regardless.

Any opinions and advice is welcome?

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
What are you using the gun for ??

If its for scenario play then to be honest a LV1 or Geo may be a bit overkill ! The only reason I say that is whilst I personally play both Tourney and scenario, I have different guns for each event, my tourney gun being a Empire Vanquish would never be used for scenario. When I play scenario I have a Axe and also a old style automag.

If its for scenario use only then at the next event have a look at what guns everyone else has and ask to have a play - if you ever see me at one of these events I would be more than happy to have a chat and loan you a gun.

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
LV1
More Air efficient
Hardly any maintenance required

Geo3
Quieter
Air efficient (But not as much as the LV1)
Also not much maintenance (Just make sure your Bolt is greased)

Both Markers shoot differently to each other I would try them both and see what you prefer they are both nimble and rapid

If I am honest I think the Geo is more accurate than the Lv1

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
What are you using the gun for ??

If its for scenario play then to be honest a LV1 or Geo may be a bit overkill ! The only reason I say that is whilst I personally play both Tourney and scenario, I have different guns for each event, my tourney gun being a Empire Vanquish would never be used for scenario. When I play scenario I have a Axe and also a old style automag.

If its for scenario use only then at the next event have a look at what guns everyone else has and ask to have a play - if you ever see me at one of these events I would be more than happy to have a chat and loan you a gun.
Thanks dude.
I guess it would be overkill for scenario but I want to get into tourney at some point soon so would prefer to only spend the money once wisely. Unfortunately the bank (in my case misses) won't permit me having two guns due to moving house, so to best suit both I want one of these.

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
LV1
More Air efficient
Hardly any maintenance required

Geo3
Quieter
Air efficient (But not as much as the LV1)
Also not much maintenance (Just make sure your Bolt is greased)

Both Markers shoot differently to each other I would try them both and see what you prefer they are both nimble and rapid

If I am honest I think the Geo is more accurate than the Lv1
Thanks bro, I'm definitely after accuracy! I like the sleekness of the geo but that shape and looks of the LV is gorgeous! Such a decision when spending a lot.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
The thing with guns is everyone to their own !!!

The 2 guns you mentioned are both very good guns and have a vast following, Stoney who commented above works for Planet who make these and helped develop them. I personally have never owned a Planet Gun and so cant comment on them but have only heard good things.

My guns of preference have been Empire and its because I am part of a team that has a deal with Empire. have been using the Axe and the Vanquish and again these have a good following.

As I said earlier, the best thing is to get to a field and ask to have a go with a few different guns. Most teams would be more than willing to let you have a try as we all try to aid and assist our sponsors. The other thing is that before you spend all you hard earned cash, if you are looking to get into Tourney ball then you will be looking to join a team, with this they may have a deal and so last thing you want to do is buy and then you cant use it with that specific team.
Also by joining a team they may have spares that you can buy or borrow before you do buy.

Best thing is try before you buy - and check out the classifieds on here, there is always Loads of guns available.

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
The other thing is that before you spend all you hard earned cash, if you are looking to get into Tourney ball then you will be looking to join a team, with this they may have a deal and so last thing you want to do is buy and then you cant use it with that specific team.
I didn't even think about that! But I doubt it will take me that quickly to get in a team! But noted though! Have a lot to learn and pick up on, which I'm positive p8ntballer and it's community will soon educate me on :)

I did look at the vanquish 1.5 and from what I read it looked its a reliable, solid and fantastic performing gun but aesthetically I prefer the planets that from reading are equal to. I just wanted to know what the better out the two were but I guess, as I am picking up, that it comes to the type a play I'm using it for and really what best suits you, so the try before you buy approach as you say is the best option

Always nice to get some tried and tested opinions though.

SgtPrawn

Apr 22, 2015
Baldock
Sure will if I am around. Appreciate it

Black hawk down, is that part of the ukurbanpaintball bunch, Gareth I believe, did he do the equilibrium game recently? Was only posting about that today.