Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Axe eye sensor issue/fault

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Just picked up a used Axe off the the forums but when i switched it on the led light was flashing a constant rapid green colour indicating a ball in the breech and the solenoid was clicking even though there wasn't anything in the breech i have swapped out the battery and cleaned the upper sensor board also checked the wiring but without any improvement whether the eye's are on or off.
I just want to know if i'm missing something as its been a few years since i owned an invert mini.

Ta very much.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
The trigger may need adjusting.

If it's too close to the activation point, the gun may be mis-reading a trigger pull and the gun will power on with the eyes off...

...or you may need to replace the eye board, if paint gets in there it can really send the eye system haywire as it eats away the insulation coating the eye pins making it very difficult to rectify. I think people have posted up lately with similar issues, replacing the eye board and solving the problem.

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
No mate, sorry...

Could be the perfect time to upgrade to a virtue laser eye board ;)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Two things to check, pull out the eye board and clean it thoroughly. Next is to look into the two holes that the eyes slot onto, and clean those out thoroughly. Often the case where you clean the eyes, slide the board back in, and it picks up loads of gunk on the way in, making it dirty again.

The trigger activation point is also a good shout.

outkastmike

CUMBRIA
Jan 26, 2004
Cumbria
facebook.com
Took the board out and cleaned it and also had a play with the micro switch grub screw with no joy,the board is still rapidly flashing green and the solenoid is clicking when i pull the trigger regardless if i have a ball in the breech or not.

wjdunk

Feb 14, 2012
I dont know if the boards are the same, but I just replaced the board on my sons Mini and it cost me less than a £10 from FatBobs. They had to order it, but it was only a few days.

The one in the mini originally had been badly contaminated by paint exactly as Medic mentions.