EPBF?

NickBrockdorff

Feb 4, 2012
http://www.epbf.info/

I was browsing their site, but very little information available, about:

- Who is on the board?
- How are they elected?
- What are the by-laws?
- What degree of control does national federations have over policies?

Anyone here know?

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
The EPBF is Laurent, Ulrich, Vika (Secretary) to name a few and it is made up of other countries federations like the UKFED etc.

Other Federations shoudl be the voting power in theory but it has't worked in that way so far as there has been nothing to vote about. Certain agreements were made in the beginning during a get together session where the countries all attended and a road map was set out. Other than that we have only had the 3 cups held last year and again this year.

We are promised a full set of EPBF consolodated game rules soon.

Last edited:

NickBrockdorff

Feb 4, 2012
The EPBF is Laurent, Ulrich, Vika (Secretary) to name a few and it is made up of other countries federations like the UKFED etc.

Other Federations shoudl be the voting power in theory but it has't worked in that way so far as there has been nothing to vote about. Certain agreements were made in the beginning during a get together session where the countries all attended and a road map was set out. Other than that we have only had the 3 cups held last year and again this year.

We are promised a full set of EPBF consolodated game rules soon.
What about by-laws?

Would be awesome if this became a real federation, and not just a privately owned enterprise :)

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I was asked to Nick ... but if you are looking for an up to date status on what's going on, I got no clue; for that, you'd have to go knocking on Laurent's door seeing as he's the guy pushing this through, Lord only knows what country Laurent is in now, it's gonna be one of France, Morroco or the US ... I went to the first meeting where we sat around talking about how best to structure the whole thing and it was premised upon the notion there woud be key countries sitting on the board but any European nation could join and it was hoped that eventually that's what would happen ... I'll give Baldrick a call if you wanna know anything specific but please don't ask me too many questions coz my head is still boiling, keep it brief and I'll get what I can and post back up ...

PS If i do get some answers please remember NOT to shoot the messenger ... TY.

Last edited:

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Yet there are no EPBF ranking events in the UK!
http://www.epbf.info/tournaments
With the exception of the 'Millennium London Masters'
Doesn't appear there yet but even teams not playing Mills have still been ranked this season (at least in terms of CPPS attendance - think also NSPL). Points are based on division played, as well as ranking/scoring in that division.

Last edited:

NickBrockdorff

Feb 4, 2012
Let me be clear, a federation is a GREAT idea.

However, my years in paintball has taught be scepticism - and taught me well ;)

A federation can only work, in the long term, if it is not a privately held enterprise, but a real democratic federation.... and for that to happen, the founder has to ultimately give up control, and put it in the hands of democratically elected officials, that he holds no sway over.

Somehow, I doubt industry will relinquish control of it... but I hope so, because otherwise EPBF will not achieve all it could, and end up being a pointless exercise, except for being an additional marginal revenue stream.

Last edited:

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
I Hope this EBPF works...
It would be nice to have a regulated sport, a governing board something similar to FIFA would be great I feel because if we all did have to register as a player at every level then maybe, just maybe we could have some form of linked tournament scene where each cup/tournament/league means something significant to another. Something like the European cup, Champions league F.A. cup & divisions you cannot seed your team into yourself, that sort of structure would be great. The only draw back I can see is that it is the same old faces in every structure designed that has thus far proven to just be another way of bumping up entry fee's but not much else sustainable...