Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Epiphany or PMR

Tom - NVA Cpt

May 31, 2007
SW London
www.facebook.com
Pmr

seriously, the amount that the PMR actually shot before i sorted it out was stupid (i.e nothing without almost dieing) but...i sent it off to Dye and it came back in two days, as good as if not better than my team-mates 07 shocker :D no joke, it works like a dream now, maybe cos i got a ul frame and a few other ups on it lol *cough*pretty much evrything*cough* but also that says something, the amount of upgrades, aftermarket parts but also quality Dye/Proto parts (which are generally v.v. sexy)

Meh, My two P.

Ty,

Tom

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
it is howe farst you can use the trigger on the pmr i knowe it can do 30pbs
You broke my spellchecker with that inane rambling :mad:

The stock board on the PMR does have a so called secret setting to do 30bps (seen it dry firing it-great, wow, wouldn't work with paint :rolleyes:)

As for which one would have to be the PMR out of the two but have a look at what else is available in the second hand market for the same price, some better markers out there can be picked up cheap now

Tom - NVA Cpt

May 31, 2007
SW London
www.facebook.com
secret fire mode on stock board

The stock board on the PMR does have a so called secret setting to do 30bps (seen it dry firing it-great, wow, wouldn't work with paint :rolleyes:)
True sid, but i think it needs finishing, all PMR's have a secret fourth fire mode (go into the options on the board, then pull the trigger until the l.e.d goes to a flickering yellow [fire mode], then pull the trigger a further four times {in the manual it says that three is the max fire modes on the stock board} but if you pull four times then the marker will fire at any bps on full auto!) not so secret anymore tho lol. Tis truely awesome. :cool:

Ty,

Tom

P.S - The PMR UL frame doesnt have the same perk, as i sadly found out when i installed mine :eek:.

true_death

Free Agent..
Jul 16, 2006
M.I.A
I've used both, and I can honestly say the PMR was better in several respects.

The epiphany overall felt cheaply made, flimsey in the hands and nothing different from the Ion. The rail seemed to be the complete opposite of this, well made, solid and backed by a superb warranty. As support goes you won't find many companies better than Dye/Proto. Whereas you'll be hard pushed to get a rubber o-ring out of smart parts.

Overall my choice would be the rail :)

J

thebigt

user
May 7, 2007
personally i would'nt go for any of them. the pmr is not reliable enough and the plastic back cap breaks far too easy. the trigger on the pmr is also poo cos it's covered in rubber n just feels horible. the next question is do u realy want another ion cos if u take off the body kit on the epiffany thats wot u got.