Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Equipment (Sort Of)

Jam3sK

Apr 6, 2014
Bath
Hello guys, another newbie question here!

I'm going through a check list of things i need to get sorted before i can start playing properly on weekends, I've got my mask sorted (i4's), the things i need next are (i think)

Gun
Air Tank ( I have no clue what i need.. Size? Psi? Power? )
Hopper + Fast Feed (brands)
Paintballs? (any good brands?)
What sort of clothing? (again? brands or anything that is comfy for myself?)
What sort of shoes do you recommend? (Trainers/Boots) I always seem to slip in anything i wear.

connor96

Jul 26, 2013
northampton
Are you playing woodsball or speedball? Don't worry about the marker yet . I would get a hopper next something cheap and reliable like the halo too then I would get a air tank again go cheap first either brand new steelie bottle or 2nd hand carbon fibre. Clothing is not essential also if you're playing woodsball get boots and for speedball get football boots

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Do not buy a steel bottle. Complete waste of money. Any site will lend you one if you ask. A retest on a bottle costs only a little less than a new steel bottle so they are disposable in essense. A decent fibre wrap will last you its entire lifetime without replacement if looked after.

Jam3sK

Apr 6, 2014
Bath
Hello guys! Budget is around£500 at the moment, currently saving up for some other stuff! But that budget will be going up soon! Just looking for gear that's comfortable to wear really!

Random Invert

Oct 27, 2008
N.Wales - Wrexham
www.outpostpaintball.co.uk
I assume that £500 isn't playing money as well? (Game entry, paint costs etc)

With that kind of budget I'd be looking at

Loaders - rotor, spire, z2 2nd hand for around £90-£100
Air bottle - carbon fiber 1.1 litre 4.5k psi £90-£110
Marker - eclipse geo/ego/etek/Etha axe idealy £200-£250 avoid Dye NT or vanguard guns if your new they require a lot fine tuning.
Pants - eclipse, dye, valkan, empire £50 if you can get them.

Play in walking boots cleats or football/rugby boots
Paint - what ever the site offers, most walkons are site paint only, most big games will have traders to save you carting paint around.

MattC

Head of The CPPS Mole Correction Facility.
Nov 11, 2008
What are you going to be playing? I assume it's Scenario? Is it going to be a mix of both? Are you part of a team?

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
The chances of actually finding a steel bottle are very remote indeed, the bottles people call "steelies" are actually aluminium nowadays and according to the UKPSF aluminium bottles have a ten year test period so they are worth the money in that respect.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
I have a "steelie" as a spare in my kit bag just incase a burst disk goes. I xouldnt justify having another fiber bottle doing nothing so a 30 quid ten year investment didnt seem that bad.

I would definitely agree with connor. Get a hopper/loader next it doesnt need to be an expensive all singing and dancing one. A halo will do fine! For now.

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I think the ten years given in the list is a typo. This paragraph is directly above the list which says 10 and states 5 years.

The fastest growth area in paintball at the present time is the conversion of markers from CO2 to compressed air. With this in mind the UKPSF would like to bring to player’s attention the need to have cylinders tested at approved intervals. Testing must be carried out on all full fibre wrap after three years (see notes below) and half fibre wrap bottles after five years from the date of manufacture., Steel and Aluminium bottles must also be tested five years from the manufactured date. This applies to ALL bottles of 0.5litre capacity and above including CO2 bottles.

Copied and pasted direct from their site. I asked our hydro tester in Plymouth and he agrees it is 5 years.