Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Essex beginner - Time to get my own gun

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
Hello everyone!

Stumbled across this forum this week and I've got to say I love it already. Seems like a great community.

I like to go paint ball every other month (Wish I could afford every month haha).

Clothing wise I'm fully set. I use Empire E Flex mask, Dye C5 jersey/Empire contact jersey, Valken Sierra pant/Empire pant and Dye C5 pack. I picked up most of my gear in the past month for some awesome prices (Another thing I love about the PB community is the nice 2nd hand prices).

I have recently seen a Proto Reflex Rail 2014 for sale. Comes with matching Dye Rotor loader and carbon fibre tank. All for £450, only been used once.

1. Does this seem like a fair price

2. Is this a nice gun to start off with, or should I be aiming lower and potentially saving some money. £450 sounds like good value but id have to save up for it.

Any advice/comments is appreciated.

Have a nice day everyone! :)

The Artful Dodger

Dec 8, 2014
Hi and welcome.rotors are good,fibre tank good but not sure on the rail,somebody will be along shortly with a better answer
And that price sounds pretty much like the brand new price,or at least quite close to it

mctractorboy

Brotherhood - Gething
Mar 30, 2004
Newport
Hello welcome to the forum!

For 450 you can get a nice set up! I'm not too sure about the proto rail 14 as i have never shot one but I've had a browse and you can get a brand new proto rail 14 for around 260-300 online.

For 450 you could get a nice geo 2 bottle and rotor. You could also go down the DM route and look at the dm10/11/12s.

There are a lot of guns out there, if you can get to a walk on or training day and ask people if you can have a go with their markers and see what you like the best.

louisxg

Apr 30, 2015
Essex
Thanks for the replies guys. At the time I thought the price sounded okay but since joining this forum its definitely opened my eyes to the bargains out there.

sinfulwinner

Apr 13, 2011
I've been offered a geo 2.1, rotor 3rd gen and a 1.1l fibre wrap bottle for £400 that I'll probably buy over the weekend. From what I've heard, they're decent markers and even better with an IV core bolt upgrade :)

NatoG

May 17, 2015
North East of England
I have a Geo and i absolutely love it. The board is incredibly easy to program, it's like an idiots guide, you literally can't go wrong with it... and it changes colours :D Clamping feedneck is nice, On/Off ASA and laser eyes. Incredible gun and i got it for just over £200. I'd definitely go with a PE marker unless you like MilSim or something like that. Have a look around and get a feel for what you like, everyone's different. People swear by axes and i wouldn't touch one with a barge pole. Hope this Helped :)

Reactions: louisxg