Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

etek 3 barrel stuck together

JameC

Dec 4, 2011
i got a etek 3 for christmas i screwed the barrel together and it wont un screw i tried everything and (i know its reverse threaded ) ideas

..A.Kaye..

Aberdeen Fusion
Oct 4, 2011
Aberdeen
get a g-clamp wrap one end of the barrel in cloth (something to protect the barrel from getting scratched) clamp the barrel in (not too tight to stress the metal), get the other end an twist. If you can get a good enough grip with twisting by hand, get some large plyers, again wrap the other end in cloth and twist that way, youll get a bettwer grip, but you should be able to twist it off by hand, as you did tighten it by hand :)

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
if it was tight when you were screwing it in then youve more than likely cross threaded it ... was this the case

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
lol A.Kaye people never fail to amaze me anymore. like when you go to a walkon and see a noob in the safe area take his barrel sock off then his barrel off look down the breech "its not working" *bang* gets hit in the face point blank (no mask). even tho people get told keep ur sock on !

Reactions: ..A.Kaye..

KieranAlderton1

Din Eidyn
Dec 21, 2011
dineidynpaintball.com
I have one, and have done this a couple times.
Just remember its reverse threaded, its a complete mind mess, cause you have to go against what you would normally think.
ie twisting clockwise makes it loosen
If worst gets to worse, put it back on your marker by twisting the tip, not the rear, keep twisting that way and it will come off. (Caution: may damage the thread)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
A pair of rubber strap wrenches may work better and do less damage to barrel

I've got a couple off ebay and they are really useful