Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek 3

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I think that rather depends on third party vendors designing boards for the ETEK3 rather than any obligation on Planets part.

It seems that at the very least the mounting points are located differently / work differently, or maybe the board is a radically different shape meaning the LCD board cant go in the LT3. That doesnt mean aftermarket vendors wont make a universal board that can go in both the LT3 AND AM3, but its not really Planets prerogative.

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
think it translates as:

if i get the LT model, will i be able, at some point in the future, to put an aftermarket (possibly the AM) board in it.
Think Nicky said that you would have to also buy the AM frame as well to house the board.....it won't mount directly into the LT frame, so from that perspective, makes sense to go for the AM if you intend to eventually upgrade to the LCD board.

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Think Nicky said that you would have to also buy the AM frame as well to house the board.....it won't mount directly into the LT frame, so from that perspective, makes sense to go for the AM if you intend to eventually upgrade to the LCD board.
Okay just to clarify a few things here:

- The Etek3 LT and the Etek3 AM will both be coming with the same LED board as standard.

- The Etek3 AM is upgradeable (straight out of the box) via the Etek3 Emortal LCD board.

- The Etek3 LT has the capability to be upgraded in the future, BUT you will need to purchase the metal frame to install the Emortal LCD board into it. At this moment in time, we do not know how far into the future this option will become available.

Nicky T