Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etha and reballs

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
Hi one of our team mates has an etha and when it comes to playing in our reball training centre she finds it starts to play up. basically it cycles fine for a few shots and then only partially cycles, causing it to double feed every now and then and shots drop off every now and then.

I dont think its a battery issue I think the gun doesn't like working at lower pressures because when going up to 300fps for normal paint it works fine. (at reball we shoot about 240 / 250).

any tips to keep it running properly at the lower FPS?

cheers

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
does it work fine with paint at 240 / 250? - what hopper is she using - I've heard of rotors struggling with reballs since they are generally quite small.

check the detents as well, maybe, due to the smaller size of reballs they are being pushed past the detent a bit by a forcefeed loader.

you could try turning the hopper down a bit so it's not force feeding quite so forcefully.

these are all guesses taken from previous reading btw - I have no personal experience with Etha's.

Last edited:

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
does it work fine with paint at 240 / 250? - what hopper is she using - I've heard of rotors struggling with reballs since they are generally quite small.

check the detents as well, maybe, due to the smaller size of reballs they are being pushed past the detent a bit by a forcefeed loader.

you could try turning the hopper down a bit so it's not force feeding quite so forcefully.

these are all guesses taken from previous reading btw - I have no personal experience with Etha's.
no one else has had any double feed issues with force feeds and reballs so i don think that is it. I am pretty sure the detents are fine too. it worked fine with paint at Zland and we were shooting at 260. I think the gun just doesn't like running at a low reg pressure.

Like i say it is fine when she is shooting at a higher FPS (reballs and paint) its just a little irritating for her to have a gun that plays up from time to time expecially when the team all said it was perfect for her and the budget she had

thanks for the reply

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Sorry I couldn't help @Pandamonium , I've done a quick google and there seems to be a few threads on peanut butter nation about this which the planet boys have been very quick to resolve @STONESOLDIER will probably be along any minute to resolve it...

Reactions: Pandamonium

sl2ai

Team Marvel
Jul 2, 2010
Leicester
I used an etha with a spire and reballs a couple of months back, i think i was the only one who didnt have any issues at all with them, some of the other guys with luxes and rotors were haveing issues but as above, it think rotors arent the best with reballs.

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
The etha bolt tip can sometimes hit the reball and form a vacuum behind the ball, causing issues. If you buy the geo 3 bolt tips and put them on the etha bolt, it will stop the vacuum from forming.

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
I used an etha with a spire and reballs a couple of months back, i think i was the only one who didnt have any issues at all with them, some of the other guys with luxes and rotors were haveing issues but as above, it think rotors arent the best with reballs.
rotors are notorious for not liking reballs. my spire is feeding them fine and my z2. this is more of a gun problem than a loader issue cheers

Pandamonium

Oct 10, 2012
The etha bolt tip can sometimes hit the reball and form a vacuum behind the ball, causing issues. If you buy the geo 3 bolt tips and put them on the etha bolt, it will stop the vacuum from forming.
I dont see how a small vacuum sucking the ball to the bolt would do what it is doing? as soon as the air going through the bolt pops off it will remove the vacuum or am i reading it wrong? the gun doesnt have any issues when shooting around 270 even with reballs I think i just need some tips on helping it run at a lower pressure

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
100% correct.

I dont see how a small vacuum sucking the ball to the bolt would do what it is doing? as soon as the air going through the bolt pops off it will remove the vacuum or am i reading it wrong? the gun doesnt have any issues when shooting around 270 even with reballs I think i just need some tips on helping it run at a lower pressure
StewartW's advice above will help; please follow it first and foremost!