Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etha vs etek3

Dangel

Jan 24, 2013
Hey all. What marker do you prefer and why? Is there any price difference? Thanks

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
I'm a bit of a sucker for the Etha, It's cheaper by about 80 pounds ( £150 cheaper than the Am version)
- Reliability wise they are both workhorse markers.

- The Etha (to me) looks and sounds nicer.

-The Etek is slightly more efficient, I think you get about another 1-1.5 pods off it. But even then, you'll shoot what your (average) pack can hold with an Etha.

-I'd suggest getting yourself to an event and trying them out. It's all well and good people saying what they like about them, but nothing beats actually using them. :)

Aphex

formerly 'S!ck'
Jan 14, 2007
Harrow, London
www.kaosslighting.co.uk
-I'd suggest getting yourself to an event and trying them out. It's all well and good people saying what they like about them, but nothing beats actually using them. :)
Second that,
However I'm a sucker for the ETEK 3, just got myself one and I love it, its lovely to hold and feels great to shoot.
Was going to go for the AM version, but ended up with the LT - would recommend it to anyone, personally don't think the AM is worth the extra.

Guillem

Jul 5, 2013
actually I prefer etha, for me it shoots better than etek, but the best way to know it it's to try them, and choose :)

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
The Etha came out ideally for woodsball, well worth the money in everything about it, It hits harder the balls being that the woodsball field paint has a harder shell to get through the foliage.
An Etek 3 is based on an Ego 8/9 and shoots Tourney Paint which is more brittle which is what Sup-Air players want for instant kills. These are Fantastic guns , also Well worth the money.
Planet have done good with both types giving the options to all players.
There are a few that have an Etha that have been lucky to get away with using them at tourneys and Not smashing the balls to bits as they leave the gun, but most have been sold as soon as were bought because they didn`t know.. they soon found out ??