Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etha vs Invert Mini vs Maxxed Rail

Snipey

Jun 23, 2011
Sidcup, Kent
www.samuraipaintball.com
Good review although in my mind, my preference would be different.

I started out with a Rail when first trying out the tourney field, then moved to an Etek (so semi similar to the Etha) before picking up a Mini as a back up marker and one for the other half.

For a beginner gun, the range is varied but at the same time the results (as you showed) are similar.
What stood out for me though was how they felt on the tourney fields.
For me, I never really felt that comfortable with the Rail marker and quickly swapped out for an etek after a few months playing. The stark contrast in how it felt to play with on the field was the first thing I noticed and the Etek seldom broke paint or had marker issues. I stuck with the Etek before upgrading to a GEO3 (must admit that my team is sponsored by Eclipse so one of the reasons I stayed with the marker range) but did pick up the Mini on the side.

Now, for some reason, I had a hatred for the mini marker and really had no like for them, just because of the size of them (pathetic I know). When I got one onto the field though, I was proved so wrong. The mini was a joy to fire and the small compact size quickly came apparent as something of a benefit. The weight was quite different too compared to the Etek and felt a lot nicer to use. I always now have the mini on back up as it's a fantastic marker.

For me, the order would be:-

1. Mini
2. Etek/Etha (prefer the Etha over the Etek due to the marker design)
3. Rail

Pomello_man

Mar 1, 2012
As much as I have always loved PE markers (especially the look of the ego's) I've never been let down by my mini and found it to be the most comfortable gun I've used. It's also been very easy and basic to maintain, ideal for starting out. I began with a PM7 and never really got along with it. I quickly moved on to an ego and a mini as back up, now I can't put the mini down!