Planet Eclipse Warped Sports Manic Paintball Just Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Etha wont cycle

Discussion in 'Tech Troubles' started by Fenix_Sweden, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Fenix_Sweden Long time baller

Fenix_Sweden
    Message Count:
    Hi i am fixing a Etha that wont cycle, aired up and eye:s off it just makes a small puff. I made a complete rebuild of the marker and changed to a brand new high quality battery but still the same.

I did noticed that when i shot it with with air and eye:s off i couldnt hear the solenoid click.

So my first question is to etha owners are, do you usually hear the solenoid click when dryfire?

And second, anyone else had a similair experience?

/Marcus

2. StewartW Certified Eclipse Tech

StewartW
    Message Count:
    Just to check. When you rebuilt the marker. What did you set the HPR too? Didn't screw it in all the way did you?

Otherwise you should check the front (010) o-ring and the internal (012) o-rings on the firing poppet

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  3. Fenix_Sweden Long time baller

Fenix_Sweden
    Message Count:
    I screwed the hpr all the way in and then gradually screwed it out until i heard a small leak in the solenoid. Didnt change at all when i adjusted the hpr. I also tried replacing both the orings you mentioned and made sure the poppet was moving effortless. Thanks for replying.

BTW to answer my first question, do you usually hear a distinct clicking noise from the solenoid when shooting it with the air and eye:s off?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  4. StewartW Certified Eclipse Tech

StewartW
    Message Count:
    It won't click all of the time with the air off. Thats the way the solenoid is designed.
    What poppet style do you have? The "new" springless one or the old spring driven one?

5. Fenix_Sweden Long time baller

Fenix_Sweden
    Message Count:
    Its the springless one. Yeah I found another post about it, that its driven by air unlike most other solenoids in markers.

6. Fenix_Sweden Long time baller

Fenix_Sweden
    Message Count:
    Been working on it today and made some progress, after wiping everything down and relube it, set everything to factory settings (Both board + inline reg), then increased dwell to 15. Now its cycling as it should about half the time and the other times its just puffing like before. It seems to work better when shooting it faster than when I shoot single shots. The gun has only seen 3 cases, could this be a break in problem?

7. MoneySings Active Member

MoneySings
    Message Count:
    No, not a break in problem - @STONESOLDIER

8. STONESOLDIER Planet Eclipse

STONESOLDIER
    Message Count:
    The Tech Says

Its hard to tell what it could be either an O-ring or a faulty solenoid he asks please can you send it into us.

9. Fenix_Sweden Long time baller

Fenix_Sweden
    Message Count:
    Do you have an adress in Sweden where i can send it or UK only?

10. Yer-out!!! New Member

Yer-out!!!
    Message Count:
    What was the issue in the end