Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Exercise's

This may seem abit 'keen' but here goes..... :D

It's that time of year again when the hockey season has ended and i slide into a state of unfitness. I was wondering if anyone has and tips/exercises that help with paintball.

For example and exercise that helps you hold a position in an difficult bunker, or an exercise that has helped increase speed between bunkers etc...

Any help/advise is welcome ;)
-EDD

Speedyg4LS

NSPL FACTORY
Sep 25, 2003
S. Wales
in my gym we have a leg press, you lay on your back and choose your weight and the push and its build up de muscle in your leg making you i guess faster.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
doesn't make you faster, just stronger. when you get out of bed and when you go to bed, stretch - it''l keep you supple and make it easier in those barricades. Go on running machines and bike machines and choose something that trains you in intervals, i.e. you work hard till you reach a peak and then you get a small ease up or rest and then you go again.
If your doing weights for strength then do your entire body as your legs make you bulk out up top (summat to do with CNS). do different things when you go to the gym to achieve the result you want.

kikass p8ntballer

Feb 29, 2004
nr wolverhampton, uk
Visit site
i play hockey aswell, do things just like you do in hockey such as shuttle runs to improve ya speed over short distances!so two cones 10-20 mtres apart and sprint between them as fast as you can!slalom runs to get speed and agility! sounds stupid but for rugby warm up before every game we do shuttle runs but just before you reach the cone do a gamble(rolly pooly, summersault whateva) get up turn and repeat at the next cone!keeps ya flexable and quick getting up!;)
dave

Originally posted by kikass p8ntballer
do shuttle runs but just before you reach the cone do a gamble(rolly pooly, summersault whateva)
Sounds interesting :D

Yeh i thought shuttle runs would be a good one, since they increase speed and recovery time.

Those leg press things do help with speed. Not over long distances but initial speed. They increase 'explosive' leg strength, so you can push off harder/quicker...aka out of a bunker faster. I did s**t loads of them when i used to do kick boxing, but im not a member of a gym anymore(too poor :( ). Anyone know how to recreate this exercise without a leg press?

-EDD

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
if you wat to improve you arms. fill two 2 big coke bottles with sand and some string between them comming up to a peice of wood. roll them up as fast as you can time after time. sounds stuped but it really works:) :)

ruthlessp8ntballer

You And Your ****ing Rope
Oct 10, 2003
United States......BITCHES!
exercizes

I call these poppers. You take a 15 pound weight, or heavier (depending how much you've worked out) in both hands, squat down, all the way, then "pop" straight up (jump off the ground as high as you can) with the weights in hand 10 times, do the same without the weights another 10 times. Then go back to using the weights, and then stop again. Sounds stupid, and may rock your house a bit from all the jumping, but believe me, its really a good exercise. Really improved my jump point time. Definately useful for other sports to, if you dont own weights, the coke bottle idea doesn't sound too bad, just don't drop it on your foot and break it, then you won't be able to run for a while. Anyway, I got a few more, but I cant type them now, I'm late for work. If you want any more, PM me, and let me know if this exercise works out for you. Cheers, and Good Luck. Dont take on too much at once, and hurt yourself, I've learned that the hard way. Haha.