Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FAQ/ Uber tech thread *please sticky*

Chris Lacey

Jan 16, 2002
www.lipspaintball.com
Hi,

I've just been reading the spec's above again and noticed the 200bps RoF for the RACE marker.

I suspect that this figure relates to the maximum cycles per second of the solonoid itself and may not reflect the true RoF of the marker. Given that most solonoids have a cycle rate of 180-200cps, I assume that the figure shown does not take into account the following:

Ball feed time (the time it takes for a ball to drop into the breech area)

Bolt travel forward time (time it takes for bolt to travel forwards and close the breech)

Dwell time (time the valve is held open for to allow the gas to escape)

Bolt return time (time it takes for the bolt to return back to its rest position)

It appears that all the other figures take these factors into consideration and I would be grateful if someone can shed some light on the true rate of fire. If I am way off base please let me know, if I am not it may be best to ammend the details above to bring everything into line.

Thanks,

Jon and Chris,

LPS

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
the race frame electronics are capped at this, that's all it's saying, in real life i would guess that it might be capable of 25-30 bps, and so it's hopper limited :)

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
Thanks mate :)

the actual CPS/BPS the thing is capable of is dependant on what cocker it's on, and there is no way i can catalogue all of the cockers out there.....