Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Favourite Movie Of All Time?

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Probably Licking AL France...
Visit site
It was a well dude. The Athenians threw their envoys into a pit and the Spartans threw theirs into a well, taunting them when they were down at the bottom with remarks like "Dig it out for yourselves".
Thanks for enlightening me mate, I studied Athenian Democracy last year and I don't think we were told anything about that lol.

I can confirm Kat aint normal, but shes gorgeous so it's all cool (good save? no kick in the nuts this time )
Good save *makes whip noise*

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
...the pit for throwing mis-shapen babies into...
as pointed out the spartans actually took the babies outside. they left them in the hills around sparta, believing that if the gods willed it, they would survive. some would, but not by themselves - obviously, as the odd one would be found by the local farmers - who weren't given the privilige of being "spartans" as they were just commoners, rather than mentally-unstable-genetically-screwed-inbreds.

read books by Valerio Massimo Manfredi - especially "Spartan" - they are fairly well based on historical research but with enough fiction to make them interesting....

oh yeah - on topic - "Excaliber" by John Boorman

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
as pointed out the spartans actually took the babies outside. they left them in the hills around sparta, believing that if the gods willed it, they would survive. some would, but not by themselves - obviously, as the odd one would be found by the local farmers - who weren't given the privilige of being "spartans" as they were just commoners, rather than mentally-unstable-genetically-screwed-inbreds.

read books by Valerio Massimo Manfredi - especially "Spartan" - they are fairly well based on historical research but with enough fiction to make them interesting....

oh yeah - on topic - "Excaliber" by John Boorman
I seem to remember something about spartan men not being allowed to see their wives during the day, only at night for sex, so that they didn't become too attached and didnt want to leave them to go to war...

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
just like they were compelled/forced to have sex with one another so that they would be willing to die to save their comrade's life
it was encouraged not just to provide this bonding between comrades, but also as a method of reducing battle-lust. the reduction in sexual frustration was shown to produce troops that were more likely to hold formation in the middle of hand-to-hand, rather than give in to pent-up urges and get carried away, breaking the line.

mikey601

F orum Battle Organiser
Nov 23, 2005
South Wales/Cali
www.myspace.com
it was encouraged not just to provide this bonding between comrades, but also as a method of reducing battle-lust. the reduction in sexual frustration was shown to produce troops that were more likely to hold formation in the middle of hand-to-hand, rather than give in to pent-up urges and get carried away, breaking the line.
Sounds a bit like the talking to i get from tricky every weekend ;) :p

Magic_8ball

$outh $ide
Sep 24, 2005
Visit site
looks like you know your onions ;)

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Good save *makes whip noise*

Shhh don't let him in on it, he'll stop! Just because you get that he gets the beating anyway :p And he can thank you for it lol ( I am only kidding before someone calls boyfriend protection agencies!)

I agree scarface is good, but that guys face makes me feel sick.