The Home Of European Paintball

Favourite Team of all time

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Let's continue the theme.

Which team inspired or inspires you, why and what era?

Mine?

Avalanche circa 1999-2002
These guys defined tournament ball for me. LaSoya, Martinez, Rab, Poorman, Knopf, Weasel, Salm...etc. These guys looked amazing, played exciting ball, smack talked, aggressive and were a focal point of PUSH...which is another topic all together.

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
Bit of a hard one this. So many good teams about over the years.

Think mine has to be Dynasty. Was never their biggest fan or anything but they where a close bunch of guys both on and off the field and they moved fast paced paintball onto the next level. Loads of people hatted them, even more liked them, but they always seemed to be enjoying every minute of it and did it with style and balls.

Sad to see they haven't performed the last few years, but after their NPPL win maybe they can get back to the top.

Reactions: Al Woods

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Good shout. They re-defined what a pro level team should look like, how to behave and how to perform. Watched something on em last night and was funny them talking about being the older guys now.

Reactions: LATHAM

Thorpe

Lucky 15s
Mar 13, 2010
This might sound like shameless brown-nosing (especially if any of them read this), but Disruption are the team most inspiring me right now. They've been no end of help this season and watching them give Art Chaos a nail-biter of a match in Paris shows how much their game has come on this season as well. They work well as a team and all have a real style to their paintball, something to aspire to! [/brown nose]

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Let's continue the theme.

Which team inspired or inspires you, why and what era?

Mine?

Avalanche circa 1999-2002
These guys defined tournament ball for me. LaSoya, Martinez, Rab, Poorman, Knopf, Weasel, Salm...etc. These guys looked amazing, played exciting ball, smack talked, aggressive and were a focal point of PUSH...which is another topic all together.

We are of the same era, that would be my choice also. At one point, no-one could beat them.

Reactions: LATHAM

LATHAM

FIGHTIN' MACHINE™
This might sound like shameless brown-nosing (especially if any of them read this), but Disruption are the team most inspiring me right now. They've been no end of help this season and watching them give Art Chaos a nail-biter of a match in Paris shows how much their game has come on this season as well. They work well as a team and all have a real style to their paintball, something to aspire to! [/brown nose]
Fair enough though man. Banzais and Kelly's back in the day where always training teams of ours and cos they where better it always made us raise our game. A lot to be said for looking up to teams that are close to you but inspire you.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I have a few favourite teams,

Legion, absolute machines and so clinical at times.

Dynasty for their flair and being so unstoppable in their heyday.

Nexus because I do like to see the home boys do well.

Joy Division. Swedes in leopard print, who else in the world could pull that off??