Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Feedback on new style 7 man F3

John Sosta

Jun 14, 2010
On the day the feedback was all positive with only needing 6 to 7 players team found it easier to get teams together.
With 4 pleayers on the field there was initail aprehension but as soon as a couple of games were finished most of the players were saying they preferred it .
The benefits if 4 playing and 3 in the pit are that it slows the game down for the judges making it easier for them to judge but for the player it seemed more intense as there was a lot more movement which made it more tactical.
It also made the game better to watch i thought.
But anyway lets hear your comments on how u thought the 4 on field instead of 5 went.

Oh and thank you everyone for coming it was an enjoyable day for me seeing all the smiling faces and players having fun while playing competitive paintball.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
After Wingnut explained the difference the Redskins decided to come and give it a try as we had committed to playing thr F5 events, a couple of players were a little apprehensive as to whether this would work. After playing it yesterday we all decided that if anything, this was an improvement on the previous F5 events we played.

By having only 4 playing players and 3 in the pits, it did seem to run more smoothly than when it was 5 and 5, there didnt seem the constant stream of dead and live players continually running in and out of the dead box, the field was the same size and only having 4 opposing guns did make moving easier, although after a couple of games we had all worked out the key bunkers again. There didnt seem to be any arguing or bitching between the teams and marshalls, and apart from the dead scoreboard everything seemed better and flowed better than the previous F5.

All in all, I was impressed with yet the further tweak to this format. Hopefully by only having a 7 man team, this will be easier for teams be be able to play this and to continue playing this way.

**On a side note, having less players and opposing players, we did shoot far less paint than we have before and so had a bigger bonus of not only winning overall but had a cheaper day out - So a Win/Win !!!!!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
I preferred it as well - the games seemed more fluid, with far more movement and less of the mid-field stagnation that you sometimes get in F5.

Paint usage was a lot lower (I think we shot about 5 or 6 cases less than usual) and things were less frantic in the pit. It seemed to easier to ref as well, with far fewer disputed calls.

The shorter game times seemed to speed the whole day up, with hardly any thumb-twiddling between games and meant that you didn't leave the field needing an oxygen mask at the end.

Unrelated to the format, I really liked the new snake layout - the haybale bricks made it a really key thing to grab, Outrage tore us up when they got in there.

Gets a thumbs up from me.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
well we splatpack loved it. Even with some of the players going to the tester on the thursday and not being very impressed with the changes.we had nine players on the day so we rotated players for the seven and all nine players said how great it was and such an improvement.in my opinion one of the biggest improvements since i started playing this format at the beginning if 2010.
i think the buzzer burn down time should be only 1 minute so as to make the game more aggressive.and to stop players from digging in,not that i saw any of that but i think it would give players a kick up the arse and we would see more great moves(not from me though).
also thanks everybody for a great day the marshalling was spot on.

Ragman121

Mar 20, 2011
agree'd on all fronts, one less gun shooting at you made a huge difference to the flow of the field, much more aggressive moves on everyones part made it all the more intense

and the haybales made the snake both fantastic to hold, but also forced snake players to expose themselves to get the shots by having the bales obstruct both sides, meant while you were in the snake you could really dominate, but you had to have a good support player else you were too open when you shot, worked very well imho...

...and on that note...
Unrelated to the format, I really liked the new snake layout - the haybale bricks made it a really key thing to grab, Outrage tore us up when they got in there.
much love from the snake, rag's - outrage =D

Stuart Friell

Apr 27, 2010
I have to say John that 4 man worked really well. My team (East London Mercenaries) had never played it before so didnt know what to expect having played NSPL. They are now converted to F7, F4 or whatever it is going to be called and hopefully you will have another team for next month. I know that the new boys of Mayhem loved it and the only comments I heard was that the snake knuckles were a little too high and maybe one could be removed to make the snake '3'. I woudl be good to hear about paint usage, we used 9 boxes! - as always a great day toped off with fireworks.

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I have to say John that 4 man worked really well. My team (East London Mercenaries) had never played it before so didnt know what to expect having played NSPL. They are now converted to F7, F4 or whatever it is going to be called and hopefully you will have another team for next month. I know that the new boys of Mayhem loved it and the only comments I heard was that the snake knuckles were a little too high and maybe one could be removed to make the snake '3'. I woudl be good to hear about paint usage, we used 9 boxes! - as always a great day toped off with fireworks.
Someone suggested removing the middle inflatable and keep the haybales. All haybales are still usable, you just have a gap to cross getting to the third one :)

mhr33

oMarcus 86
Apr 13, 2008
Essex
Hi All,

Loved the day, been playing NSPL its great to come into a Torni and play some amazing paintball.

The 4 man worked really well, I did find the snake knuckles good and bad depending on how you look at the situation.

Big knuckles allow all types of player to play the snake which means teams can fill in where needed and this gives everyone different experiences on field throughout the day. I felt that if you were to move the knuckles 45 decrees it would have made it harder for someone to dig in and lock down the field.

But you get little bits on all fields where they are stronger and it’s up to a good team to walk the field and identify these key locations.

All in all wouldn’t change the day it was THE BEST DAYS paintball I have had in a long time and I will be supporting the event by arranging another London Mayhem team to attend.

I really hope this event picks up and keeps growing year on year.

Quote of the day has to be “Greg don’t touch my paint” (inside joke for people who don’t know)

Kind Regards

Marcus

Donk

Gorrilaz
May 11, 2010
Clacton-on-sea
It gets a thumbs up from me.

I hope that smaller squads will allow more teams to get on board & get players stuck in the Millennium rut really loving paint ball again..

We only used 9 boxes of paint which surprised me & to have that many games scheduled with no long cool down breaks was genius whoever composed the order of play (Danielle probably)

There was nothing I could fault about the day. Even the scoreboard having a wet one didn't stop the day. I thought that was game over but again John Sosta had a plan & shortly we were rocking again!

Thank you to John, Jackaie, Sophie, Amy, Danielle, Jon Bon, Rowan, Bolter, Albert, Squeak, Musy & Pockets for putting on another amazing tourney