Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fightclub!!!

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
What the hell is going on here? It seems I have just found the PGi Literary Club (all this is getting way too deep - even for me ;)).

Anyway, back to the threads topic 'Fightclub'...

Interesting choice of name - considering people in the paintball world (of most flavours) are trying to get away from the whole 'war' genre. Just a thought.

As for the x-ball vs. 7-man debate - surely they can co-exist (just like tourney and woods). I agree that a lot of people will give the x-ball format a try - decide whether they can commit to/play/afford it and some will no doubt go back to the 7-man format (or 5/3/10 etc), just as some try tourney - realise it's too expensive a hobby for them - and go back to the woods.

As for 'the way forward and the future' - only time will tell. Hopefully, with the advent of a structured UK x-ball league, maybe we can be more competitive against our US of A brothers and sisters (and also the Russians, Swedes etc).

UK paintball NEEDS something new and, more importantly, something 'spectator friendly'. There is no point trying to sell paintball to paintballers - sell it to the general public - and you're on to a winner :).

Good luck to 'fightclub' (even if I think the name is wrong).

I'm just hoping for a tournament based around the Manchester area now (why are these things always 'darn souf' ;)?).

PS - Robbo, I don't get Jerico's post either. I think it was a very thin attempt at humour - so subtle, that no-one 'got it' :confused:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Raffles
PS - Robbo, I don't get Jerico's post either. I think it was a very thin attempt at humour - so subtle, that no-one 'got it' :confused:

Raffles, I agree, it does get kinda embarrassing the way some of these guys queue up to humiliate themselves by their own hand, my normal response (as most people's would be) would have been to suggest they might have learned by now but alas, they continue to self define.

Jerico

Dec 4, 2005
sarfend, essex
Visit site
My post was supposed to be a subtle way of pointing out that instead of the thread being about paintball it was full of low balls by people trying to score points from each other about their grammer, spelling or lack of education.

Ok i'm just a newbie reading up and trying to learn about the sport and i probably typed/ amtyping out of turn, but its the attitudes on this thread that turns newbies away from the forum and the sport!

And if anybody has a link to another thread or webpage with more info about Xball/fightclub could you please stick it up.

Oh and just to clarify, my comments are not aimed at anybody in particular as i don't know any of you, just my thoughts on this thread.

If theres anybody that needs to compensate for their small dick by ripping my post to threads and making themselfs look like a real man then go ahead ;)

My thoughts are that of my mouth and not of my brain :D

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Originally posted by Jerico
..., but its the attitudes on this thread that turns newbies away from the forum and the sport!...
Whoah! Take a chill pill dude. Yes - there are people on here with 'attitudes' - but they tend to get ignored ;).

I'm sure your thoughts are more than welcome - and mine and Robbo's pop at your post was nothing more than that. Don't take offence or dig yourself even deeper with 'small dick' responses - that just demeans your whole post.

A word to the wise though - don't pick a war of words with Robbo - he always wins - even when he's wrong ;).

Back to the topic...

Who's actually running this 'fight club' then?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Raffles
A word to the wise though - don't pick a war of words with Robbo - he always wins - even when he's wrong ;).

Raff, I can only win if what I am saying is right and my line of thought rational because believe me, there's Baca, Piper, Duff, TJ, Broccolidwarff, Buddha and a whole host more guys just waiting in the wings like vultures who wouldn't flinch in telling me I was wrong..in fact, far from flinching, they would relish it :)

They do however criticise (quite rightly) the way I go about puting people straight which I will have to work on.
That's a 'work in progress' program :)