Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Filling an Airbottle

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
Afternoon Everyone,

Anyone have any issues filling thier bottle all the way up?

At a 3K site mine only goes to about 2.5K and at a 4.5K I'm lucky to get over 3K? The bottles is a Guerrilla one with the short reg and only a few months old but always shown this.

Is it the sites filling system, the bottle / reg or just the gauge you think?

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
There is the cooling effect, my 13ci bottle gets damn hot when I'm filling it unless I do it real slow. But for this kind of disparity it sounds like the bottle gauge is off, especially if the poeple around you are getting the fills the rig proport to give.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
See the UKPSF HPA 1 and the filling guide linked below.

When filling check the fill pressure on both the cylinder and on the fill station.

From your description I would say your cylinders gauge is out, unless you are filling quickly from empty.
The first assumption is that you are getting the full fill pressure, but your gauge is showing too low. You can check this by viewing the pressure shown by the fill station.
The second assumption is that you are getting the full pressure, but due to the speed and quantity the air has got hot and expanded. Then when it cools and contracts the pressure drops.

http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

Harbinger

DO NOT DO AS I SAY / POST / JOKE ABOUT
Jan 14, 2014
The Royal County
It doesn't make a difference when it cools down as the bottle does get warm, For instance I fill when returning and go back to camp to reload and clean up etc and then try and put more air in it when heading back out to the field and it makes no difference, no extra air goes in.

@DRxFelix has the same bottle and has the same issue.

Will check what Pressure the station is working at next time I go.

BOD

The brotherhood
Aug 1, 2003
YORK
Visit site
There is nothing in a bottle and regulator that restricts the amount put in to it other than the burst discs for over pressurisation so it's either a faulty gauge or the fill systems themselves. A 3000psi fill system is capable of 3000 but that doesn't mean it will always have 3000 in the system, the air reservoir in the system could be low and need topping up. Even if the system is at 3000 you won't get a 3000 fill due to the equalisation of pressures between your bottle and the system (well you will get 3000 if you stand there filling long enough). So as already said you need to see what fills other people are getting from the same system first and go from there.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
From what you say it's not heat

So either your gauge is wrong, or the fill station is below pressure

Even when fill rigs have compressors rigged in they don't run the compressor fully and use a bank of cylinders etc. unless there is a 4500 master cylinder feeding a 3000 fill rig then you won't get a full fill unless you catch it when the compressor kicks in
Sometimes that's less noticable