• fill the bottles yourself

Votes: 133 67.2%
  • have a trained person from the site filling for you

Votes: 65 32.8%

• Total voters

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
I'm fine with filling my own bottle. Don't mind.
The mistake my friend did at mayhem last week was he filled a 3K HPA from a 4.5k filling station. Silly bugger crapped his pants when the tank's disks blew out. We think it may have knackered it totally, waiting for him to get it properly tested to find out

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
The mistake my friend did at mayhem last week was he filled a 3K HPA from a 4.5k filling station. Silly bugger crapped his pants when the tank's disks blew out. We think it may have knackered it totally, waiting for him to get it properly tested to find out
It won't be damaged (3000psi is the approved safe working pressure and to have that as a safe pressure it is capable of holding a higher pressure)
The burst disk has done its job and blown the excess

Have the burst disk replaced and it will be fine
Note - at any time a burst disk is blown the regulator and cylinder should be looked over for the reason that it blew, EG dirt in the system. It's best practice to check it over but we know why it blew

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It won't be damaged (3000psi is the approved safe working pressure and to have that as a safe pressure it is capable of holding a higher pressure)

Note - at any time a burst disk is blown the regulator and cylinder should be looked over for the reason that it blew, EG dirt in the system. It's best practice to check it over but we know why it blew

Pingu

Aug 17, 2013
Leicester
Awesome cheers!

ome

Skwill

Mar 12, 2012
You should be able to fill it yourself (having done it about 3 times or more). But there should be some sort of optional tutorial on it for those who don't know how/have never done it... Failing that they should just ask a more experienced player to show them how.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You should be able to fill it yourself (having done it about 3 times or more). But there should be some sort of optional tutorial on it for those who don't know how/have never done it... Failing that they should just ask a more experienced player to show them how.
There has been a basic air safety awareness 'course' run in 10 minute sessions at a number of scenario events for the last few years. There are references to this in the first couple of pages of this thread

Anyone (over 18) at the sessions get a UKPSF HPA1 information sheet, an air pass card valid for a year and get shown the basics of cylinders, checking condition, legal markings and expiry dates, and how to fill
(Under 18s can be shown and briefed but cannot self fill)

Warped's copy with a basic guide to filling is still available and is linked in my post on page 2
I have an extension to the HPA1 with a basic guide to filling linked below, I have an updated copy with other types of fill station that will be uploaded sometime

http://www.oaklandsfestival.host56.com/web_documents/air information.pdf

Do bear in mind that reading these are no replacement for being shown by someone experienced and competent

Reactions: Skwill

S1borg

Banned
Mar 14, 2013
Ceredigion
Ok this is a touchy subject, some guys just get on with it as if it's second nature, others step up to the rig trembling.

I'm quite experienced with high pressure air, but i still tread carefully the first time i fill at a site I've not been to, or even the first fill of the day on a site i know.

High Pressure Air, whether it's 3000psi, 3500psi, or the more favourite 4500psi, can kill you, if you are not using it correctly.

Another untouched side of this is, sites have insurance just in case any daft idiot runs into a tree or tries to eat a bunker. Are we insured to fill our bottles, should we even be allowed to fill our own bottles at a site.

Now here's the question :

a. Should we fill our bottles personally without any technical knowledge or training, as we have been.

or

b. Should the site provide a fully trained person to fill our bottles, who has had training and is insured to do this.
I just go for it!! Only training you will get is common sense anyhow, don't be stupid and buy good kit way more capable than the 4500 you need. Can't go wrong!!image.jpg