Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker Advice

dropkick10

Mar 22, 2014
That is what I am looking for. I don't want anything too heavy or complicated.

How is the trigger system?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Marker is a politically correct term, it's origin goes back to the original purpose of paintball guns.

They were designed for forestry and farming and fired 'paintball marking pellets' with oil based paint to 'permanently' mark trees and livestock, eg picking trees for felling

America (like Victorian England) is a land of contradiction - support the services, freedom and rights to be armed, but having any related skills or interest makes you a nutter

Add shootings, southern hicks & conservative parental fears, and the desire to get paintball televised with lots of corporate finance and people tried to distance paintball from the woods, ban people from wearing camouflage and have an imaginary reputation of a 'pure non gun sport'

This was less of an issue in the UK until things such as Michael Ryan
Every now and then the perception goes around in circles with some people trying to seperate different styles of paintball - instead of reinforcing their preferred style this fractures the paintball community

Use marker as a term if you wish, it's handy sometimes to skip a knee jerk reaction to the word gun, however if you are in a situation where that may matter then do bear in mind the impact of the other party not understanding what you are on about and then thinking you have lied about the gun they discover.
(Eg should you ever be in the situation of having your car searched by the police and they ask if you have anything they should be aware of that if you say you have markers, they may not be impressed with finding guns)

Guns are legal and in the eyes of the law we use paintball guns

KP01

Apr 7, 2014
Like others have said, the best thing to do is to go down to your local field and see about letting rip on a few different markers to see which takes your preference :)

If I was to suggest something though, it'd have to be something from Planet Eclipse. I suppose I am quite brand loyal to them but they are a superb company that make excellent products and have probably the best support in the industry - in my opinion.

Good luck with your search and I'm sure whatever you buy, you'll love :D

dropkick10

Mar 22, 2014
Cheers KP01!

Not going to rush into anything. I've tried quite a few markers out but there are a few more I want to try first!
I don't want to buy something that I will regret a couple of months down the line. I will get there but beginning to have a better vision as to what I want out of a marker!

Over the past few days I have been looking into Eclipse, including their clothing range, so this is a strong possibility!