Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker for Woodsball?

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
hi every1 i am looking at purchasing my first marker mainly gonna play woodsball.

the 3 markers i am stuck between are

DYE DAM

DYE DM 12

Planet Eclipse ETEK 4 LT

if u could please giv ur opinion and the pros/cons of each gun it wuld b super helpful thanks
With that budget i advise the dye dam or empire dfender.. Both incredible markers which will suit your style of play.. The dye dam i more adjustable for size and allows both magfed and hopper fed.
The dfender is slightly better accuracy and feel, although bulpop is a particular taste

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I dunno, but for me woodsball player need more realistic gun, like tippmann 98, a5, x7 or BT delta and so on. Its easy to maintance these guns. They dont fear dust, rain and so on.. :)
They are reliable, simple and easy to maintain.

However there is also simplicity in speedball guns as well, and if you watch the way some speedballers handle their guns they are hardy.

Tagganator

Feb 27, 2007
Bristol
Reliability is the key.. U dont want to be out of a game with a dead marker. Imo you can't go far wrong with an eclipse marker. The thing with a 'realistic' woodsball marker is you can't really use it for recball/supair. But u can use a electro in the woods no problem. Get some rechargabe aa's and spare 9v and your good to go.

MoNsTeR

Oct 23, 2004
Gloucester
Visit site
Tippmann A5, brilliant marker, completely bomb proof if kept in good condition and cleaned and maintained properly (like every marker though). Had one for my first marker and it was brilliant, shot straight consistent and could take a beating when you trip on a tree root and smash it into the floor! No electronic gubbins to worry about and no electronic hopper to purchase!
I have a DAM, and it looks the mutts nuts, it can be a bit finicky at times though and I have spent a fair while taking it apart to clean it up between games to be able to shoot it straight! Its not a fan of low grade paint thats for sure! Its also heavy compared to a supair marker so can be a bit fatiguing after a while (although a carry harness sorts that problem out!) Oh and also you will more than likely want to remote line it as you can't use the stock with a 4500 bottle!

Etek is also another great gat, have 2 mates with Eteks and they are really nice to shoot!

Also have you played much paintball before? As not sure you would want to spent £1000 on your first gun, spesh if you decide its not for u or can't be bothered!

Nov 20, 2011
My first gun was an Azodin Blitz! Wasn't the best but just spurred my love for paintball on even more! I've been working at a woodland paintball site and they use BT-4 realible and customisable but heavy as anything! I'd say go with a A5 best option ?!

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
I dunno, but for me woodsball player need more realistic gun, like tippmann 98, a5, x7 or BT delta and so on. Its easy to maintance these guns. They dont fear dust, rain and so on.. :)
They don't though. Unless you are especially wanting to play milsim style, then you are playing paintball, and want a marker that is designed to fire paintballs, not bullets! If I had to buy any marker for woodsball, it'd be a tourni marker everytime. In my experience, a tourni marker actually gets bashed about and abused a LOT more and survives fine. It will be quieter, lighter, more efficient, more compact and superior in every way.

Nov 20, 2011
They don't though. Unless you are especially wanting to play milsim style, then you are playing paintball, and want a marker that is designed to fire paintballs, not bullets! If I had to buy any marker for woodsball, it'd be a tourni marker everytime. In my experience, a tourni marker actually gets bashed about and abused a LOT more and survives fine. It will be quieter, lighter, more efficient, more compact and superior in every way.

That's a very fair thing to say Kevin and fully agree I've never personally had a Muslim but the site ones go through half the things I wouldn't dream of putting my 10 through

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Bowerz

Dec 29, 2013
Southampton
Tipmann x7 phenom or etek4 LT, i use an etek4. If you want pure reliability for your first few games, tippmann 98 custom ACT. Can't beat it

Vietnow

Apr 1, 2014
You can always camo a marker is just one of many examples of how a senerio marker isn't really a step up from a speedball one like in the olden days. The number one thing people forget is weight. You really wana carry that steel RIS system all day to mount a pointless laser or a 3 pound DM12? Easy choice for me. You're obviously not limited to CO2 so number of shots is also a big deal. You want to hike to the gear area as little as possible. Less is more when it comes to gear in the woods. If you have a reliable light marker with low matience you're going to have a way more fun day than the guy trying to figure out how to clean the complex magazine when paint breaks in it on his scenario marker. Get the Dye marker IMO. Colored o-rings, not a lot of places to get dirt in your action, and it can be broken down and fixed completely using their multitool. Best of luck. Remember unless you're being shot at always wait to line the shot up more than in speedball. You don't want to miss the one good shot you get before they hide in underbrush.

Nov 20, 2011
You can always camo a marker is just one of many examples of how a senerio marker isn't really a step up from a speedball one like in the olden days. The number one thing people forget is weight. You really wana carry that steel RIS system all day to mount a pointless laser or a 3 pound DM12? Easy choice for me. You're obviously not limited to CO2 so number of shots is also a big deal. You want to hike to the gear area as little as possible. Less is more when it comes to gear in the woods. If you have a reliable light marker with low matience you're going to have a way more fun day than the guy trying to figure out how to clean the complex magazine when paint breaks in it on his scenario marker. Get the Dye marker IMO. Colored o-rings, not a lot of places to get dirt in your action, and it can be broken down and fixed completely using their multitool. Best of luck. Remember unless you're being shot at always wait to line the shot up more than in speedball. You don't want to miss the one good shot you get before they hide in underbrush.

Could not agree more!!