Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker for Woodsball?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Because despite us always telling people that they are unnecessary and insisting we shoot markers, not guns, in our hearts we all want to play army in the woods.
I'm just as bad myself and play with anything from pistol, pump, clones of spyders & tippmanns, x7, an ak47, dye dam, blingers, short or long setups, and no gun. I've even played in close quarters with a SLR build
I play wearing an assault vest, pod belt even just 8 shot tubes in my pocket, in combats, a costume, tshirt & jeans
I've put on attachments, taken them off and put them back on
I know when I'm putting something on that is pointless - if I put on a torch I still intend to leave it turned off

Do as I say, not as I do

RavenSupra

Apr 9, 2014
Why is it that 'woodsball' guns get criticised for being heavy and having unnecessary rails to add more items, but the emc kit is then quoted as the way to go to use a 'speedball' gun in the woods?

It's paintball no matter where you play. Don't feel the need to put a body kit and rail on to get into the woods
Alot of people I know have complained about the weight of milsim markers. Personally it never bothered me but other than the phenom I dont think you get personally as good a milsim marker for your money than a torny marker. They just dont seem to compete as well in a firefight. I like the look of the d'fender but at the price its out of my price range to give an opinion in that respect.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Alot of people I know have complained about the weight of milsim markers. Personally it never bothered me but other than the phenom I dont think you get personally as good a milsim marker for your money than a torny marker. They just dont seem to compete as well in a firefight. I like the look of the d'fender but at the price its out of my price range to give an opinion in that respect.
Agreed

With regard to weight its the balance and how it feels that's more important, for some people the tournament style just feels too light.

Milsims a different thing, I dislike it when people say milsim when they mean non tournament style.

When people realise that a tournament style gun is perfectly fine in the woods it seems weird that just because the etha & emc came out that you must add the rails to go into the woods. The bodykit just adds the ability to mount things to the rail and to add a stock. This is counter-intuitive to me, not just because the only thing that truely adds value is a camera, but because it is dependant on acceptance that the etha in itself is fine for woods play.

Tournament style guns are designed for paintball, and the requirements of the game are the same no matter the style. So called woodsball guns are more often visually designed to a different customer

RavenSupra

Apr 9, 2014
This is very true. I think most people who start off always go with a milsim style as generally most people have their first ever experience in woodsball. There are exceptions to that rule but as for me, my first game was in woodsball and my first marker was a BT combat. I played the other day and tried talking to 3 lads who had milsim weapons (it was a woodsball game) they took one look at what I was using and didnt utter a word...... awkward

Craggit

Dec 24, 2013
Inverurie, Aberdeen
I recently got a Dye DAM off of the forum and I love it. I was looking at various markers and whenever I thought I had found one there was always someone able to offer a good and bad point for it. Tommikka was very helpful and I appreciated his help (and patience!) throughout!
I was considering a DAM, BT Delta Elite, G36 Elite, Etha with EMC kit, Tippmann X7 Phenom to name a few!

It does come down to why you want one, I was a bit vain and wanted one that was good but also looks good. I tend to go to walk ons where there is space because it's only half booked by stag parties/etc. So I am not a hard-core paintballer by any means. One of the guys I go with has a BT Delta and it's very good. He said it's simple to maintain from using you-tube videos etc. After talking with him I went for the Dye Dam. I haven't used it much, but I stripped it down and cleaned and lubed it all before my first shot of if. I found a good film on youtube as well for this and found it very easy to strip and clean.

I haven't had any problems with the DAM (yet...), but two of the guys I know from the local site seem to have had 'issues' with theirs.

One of the main benefits of the DAM is the ability to have a magazine and a hopper - so you can have First Strike rounds in the Magazines for when you want that bit more distance and accuracy for the smug person who is teasing you by being just out of range, then switch quickly back on to hopper for some close quarter action!

Reactions: Tom

Foz

Nov 3, 2013
Crawley, West Sussex
As Flesas said "for me a woodsball player need more realistic gun" I use a Tippmann x7 for me it just feels right holding a more realistic marker. I also use a Etek4 not expensive looking at your budget (you could get both for the same price as a Dye Dam.) Good thing about the Dam is if you want to get into mag fed it already has the capability to do so.

May 9, 2013
Have a look at the BT delta elite. Can pick one up for around 120, it's got an e grip and an electronic feed.
Maintenance is really simple and the gun itself is bulletproof and almost impossible to break.
I have an elite and love it but don't get one if you can afford a DAM!