Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker

Mikey15

Aug 27, 2007
what you ion about i said my mates at bekgium asif he cant telkl you i never said he was using his ion at belgium.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
Not unless bottles screw into the body:rolleyes:

No but seriously, yes you will need an asa. An asa is what any bottle screws into, and most guns come with one stock.

:)

Kraazon

PBSource.co.uk
Jul 22, 2007
Suffolk
pbsource.co.uk
Ions run on low pressure, and so you can use low pressure tanks. However you can use high pressure tanks to because the reg filters it through as low pressure, this way you won't get any/as much drop of as if you run on a low pressure tank, the only problem can be if your reg fails but that is basically very unlikely. On a whole its better to use high pressure really.

I wonder how many threads have this in :p

Philip

Whip it out..
Mar 24, 2002
Ellesmere Port
I strongly disagree about CO2 'messing up' marker internals, as long as it hits a LPR and it anti-siphoned, barely any liquid will make it in inside. I have ran tests on rams and solenoids, connected to basic 555 oscillating circuits.

Of course this nothing to infield use, it gives you a feel for how they respond.

Will L

CUCKING FUNT
Apr 21, 2007
I strongly disagree about CO2 'messing up' marker internals, as long as it hits a LPR and it anti-siphoned, barely any liquid will make it in inside. I have ran tests on rams and solenoids, connected to basic 555 oscillating circuits.

Of course this nothing to infield use, it gives you a feel for how they respond.
I never said it screws up marker internals in general. I just said that it can screw up the Ions internals. A HP or LP bottle will be much kinder to the internals such as the orings.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Can I just, take everything back a step?

You initially listed a setup, which is what people tend to do when they don't know much, which is fine.

Are you intending to buy this new?

What is your budget?

Reason being...markers lose money...quickly.:eek:

Generally, the only wearing parts on markers, are o-rings, valve seats etc, which are all easily replaceable, so even a well used marker, can be like new mileage wise, very easily.

So...if you have some sort of budget you can post up, then we may be able to help you select a better setup, from the secondhand market.

If you are one of those people, who MUST have brand new...that's fine, get on with it.

But if like most of us, you don't have piles of money to waste...we may be able to help.

Proto Rail, is a slightly better marker, than the Ion too.

As for Crossfire LP HPA. Crossfire regs are extremely fast and accurate flowing regs, which is why many, usually HP markers, will run OK on a Crossfire LP reg...especially seeing as the Ion's inline reg, is also extremely good. But, as has been said, you may experience drop off in the higher BPS region.