fitness training programme

Steve Hancock

Free man!
Aug 7, 2003
Birmingham (UK)
students.bugs.bham.ac.uk
gonna get some films of it and post them up asap. lol
I think linking pictures would suffice.

One note to add to the sit ups though. If you are working on your abs, it is a good idea to work on your back as well. The 'superman' works quite nicely. Lie on your front with your arms extended in front of you. Slowly raise your arms and your legs and hold for 10sec then slowly lower them. image A good balance is one rep for every 10 situps you are doing.

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
bad situps.

I think linking pictures would suffice.

One note to add to the sit ups though. If you are working on your abs, it is a good idea to work on your back as well. The 'superman' works quite nicely. Lie on your front with your arms extended in front of you. Slowly raise your arms and your legs and hold for 10sec then slowly lower them. image A good balance is one rep for every 10 situps you are doing.
sorry mate but in the programme i haven't mentioned sit ups as a stomach exercise, as sit ups will mess your back up. i've used a core stability exercise as when you do the exercise described in the programme correctly it activates and works back, abdominal, oblique, and deep spinal muscles. The whole mid trunk works as a unit and stops any need to do out dated isolation exercises on each muscle group.

I agree that people who are doing sit ups should do back strength exercise. They should also have the number to a good oesteopath (ollie) ready because situps will get you eventually.

so to re-cap situps bad, core stability good. lol

Inq

20-1 to him...
Mar 10, 2007
Manchester, UK
For the back things... doesn't really feel like it's doin anything! Any chance you can post some pictures of it cos I'm not sure if I'm doing it right!

But anyone who's thinking of taking this up... TRUST ME... it works... and not just on a physical level! I'm been going for runs every other day and then doing weights,push-ups and sit-ups (even though now I know they're bad) every 3 days and even after only a week I already feel better mentally as well! I've started to WANT to eat healthier... been eating salad's for lunch instead of pasties... even went to holland and barrett before to buy some high protein stuff... been doing better at work as well! More concentration... Higher repair totals... and I've gained confidence! I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I go for another run! There's nothing like actually SEEING your fitness levels go up... the first run I did I ran up to the field (it's a big field), round it and back... was knackered... the second run... went up to the field... round it and the long way back... the third run I went up to the field round it TWICE and back! don't just do it for the paintball... do it because you'll feel SO much better!

WOODY LOKI

Has been.
Oct 25, 2006
St neots
dude

yeh... not really sure what that's about
hi mate when your doing this exercise you will not feel the burn that you get with doing the naughty sit up. when you suck your belly button in it activates all the muscles in the mid section and by breathing correctly and pushing your spine into the floor in helps work deep stabilising muscles.
if you have a good core stability try the next step.

the plank
go into a pressups position but on eldows and toes.
suck in your stomach and hold your body in a straight line.
do this for increases time up to 1 min. 3 sets.

http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/core-stability-exercises.htm

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Hi guys due to the amount of pms I have been sent asking for programmes I’ve decided to put one up on the forums. The following programme is a basic starter programme designed for those who haven't any equipment or many hours to spare. It is a basic starter programme that can be done mostly in front of the goggle box, but it will help with strength, stamina, and speed.

Cardio

run the six feet to the fridge

Leg work

Static lunges:

pick up beer dropped on floor
Upper body

lift arms above chest hight press up or down button on remote
Arms/shoulders

put beer/food to mouth
Stomach

haha ye right
Sprint between bunkers /bleep test

turn marker from right to left move one foot forward

Stretch all major muscle groups after working out and drink some fluid (with beer). Stretching will aid with flexibility and injury prevention.

Above is a starter programming that if you do it 2 times a week and a bit of cardio 1-2 times a week then you should notice a vast improvement in your belly and general flabbyness. After 4 weeks contact me again and I will advise you how to advance your programme or give a more tailored programme. currys and take aways

Contact me by pm or mobile number below if you have and questions or want some advice on fitness programmes or injuries.

lump back player

p.s. don't slate till you've tried it.