Fitness

Tonee

Dec 16, 2005
Hartlepool
I need to get my fitness level back up... Will these suffice;

Sprint - Fast walk/Jog and repeat - without then with bottles of water in pack
Shuttle runs - without then with bottles of water in pack
I'll do the above till I'm knackered

I should be cycling again next month - BMXing and riding to work and back aslong as it isn't snowy/icey, and I'll probably go on random walks...

What can I do to improve my upper arm strength - I don't want to make my muscles bigger just, need them a bit stronger as I've been feeling the burn holding up a marker for a lengthy period :eek:... hold our a pot of paint till the arm gets tired, relax then do it again until I can't?

Dunno... just thinking of ideas - I don't wanna go to the gym basically! :rolleyes:

Sabot

Sabot Design Photography
Dec 29, 2005
UK,West Midlands,Telford
Yopu shopuldt do it intill you cant really..isnt good for you. Just do a certian amount and when you come to do it next time add a bit more weight or miles.

titoburito

Old dog - old tricks
Jul 19, 2005
North West
that's not strictly true Sabot, the way athletes train is to push themselves right to the very limit then rest and do it again. Remember, 3 is the magic number :)
if you choose to push yourself to the limit each time make sure the fatigue isn't causing your technique to be sloppy. I do alot of cycling, great for your legs, especially you quads which help you change direction at speed etc.
Look for exercises that help with your core balance, will help you behind a bunker. A friend told me to get a gym ball and just blance myself on it, then up the ante by getting someone to throw a ball to you while balancing. Builds up your abdominals, the obliques in particular.
Please correct me if any of that is wrong :)

Tonee

Dec 16, 2005
Hartlepool
Remember, 3 is the magic number
Should this be my aim for each workout, I intend to do the shuttle runs and sprint to jog to sprint in the same session

I do alot of cycling, great for your legs, especially you quads which help you change direction at speed etc.
I used to but I got a car - :rolleyes: shame on me lol, as I say though getting back into the biking world again

A friend told me to get a gym ball and just blance myself on it, then up the ante by getting someone to throw a ball to you while balancing. Builds up your abdominals, the obliques in particular.
Sounds quite a fun thing to do aswell

titoburito

Old dog - old tricks
Jul 19, 2005
North West
i ment with the magic number that if for example you are doin say a minute of squat thrusts or something then do 3 sets. Or do a circuit 3 times. Seems to work :)

Hovis

Oct 17, 2006
Best thing to do for fitness if you don't have any nice gear is to find a nice field and run around the edge three times, time it, do it again next day and try and beat your time, thats what I do and I used to run for the county ;)